• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tracyschwab

tracyschwab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Using EcoPro, we have a page (not our home) that our posts get displayed on. We would like this page - labeled 'blog' - to be a different color scheme than the rest of the site. I can successfully change the color scheme of the posts, but the main blog page still remains green instead of orange. I've identified the line of code that's missing on this page, but I can't figure out how to change it.
The page that we want to change is: www.spscongress.org/blog/ and we want it to look like www.spscongress.org/p588/ .
We're still very new at using wordpress and pagelines themes, so step by step instructions are helpful. Thank you in advance!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

What code did you find? If the line of code is CSS, it can be adjusted and added to the CSS Rules section in Custom Code (in the Theme Options). CSS can be used to change the color scheme for the home page. For more detailed insight on how Custom CSS works, please refer to this documentation: http://www.pagelines...wiki/Custom_CSS

#3 tracyschwab

tracyschwab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

The line of code is this:
 <link rel='stylesheet' id='orange-scheme-css'  href='http://www.spscongress.org/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ecopro/pro/css/color_orange.css?ver=3.3.1' type='text/css' media='all' />
Our problem is that we don't want to change the color scheme for the home page - or for 90% of our pages. We just want to change the color scheme on one section. Every time I try to change it, wordpress says it's been changed and saved as a preference, but it isn't reflected on the page or the code.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

You'll need to leave that line of code alone (if it's changed, the CSS for all pages will be broken). To change the color scheme for just one type of page, you'll need to add custom CSS. Have you tried using Firebug to create CSS customizations before? Are you only looking to change the color scheme for all regular pages or just the individual post pages?

#5 tracyschwab

tracyschwab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

I haven't tried using Firebug before. I've downloaded it and poked around, but I haven't implemented anything with it. We're looking to only change the color scheme on the individual post pages. And when you expand the posts they're the right colors - it's just the page that lists the previews of all the posts that's being stubborn.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Keep in mind we can't design your site for you so if you need CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox and check out W3 Schools for more info. Also please be sure to watch our Firebug video tutorial here.

Targeting that page with Firebug, if you scroll all the way to the top of the page html (left side), you can see the page id. In this case it displays: body class="blog" so for the CSS, you can simply use body.blog

If your site requires customization, you may wish to consider requesting a quote from one of our authorized Professional designers by visiting our Pros page.

#7 tracyschwab

tracyschwab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Thanks! We appreciate your help.