Resolution Specific vs. Browser Specific CSS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sunwater

sunwater

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

First off the 'Browser Specific CSS' plugin is great and has helped to really tune in my site. I would love to extend it a bit. Is there a way to tweak this to add a resolution dependent '.narrow' or '.wide' class? Similar to what is mentioned here ... http://css-tricks.co...ic-stylesheets/ Thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I don't know that our plugins can be modified as you can things like sections or templates. However, I think you can request help on this matter from one of our Pros at http://www.pagelines.com/pros

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

You could edit the code to not just filter in new body classes but actually enqueue style sheets depending on the browser.

#4 sunwater

sunwater

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

I don't know that our plugins can be modified as you can things like sections or templates. However, I think you can request help on this matter from one of our Pros at

I guess I could hire a 'pro' for anything ... but I'm here to learn for myself and from others experience here. I paid into the developer program so I could get the code & documentation and really dig into Pagelines plus the 'Dedicated Support' that I should get.

You, as a pagelines moderator (@rangelone) immediately recommending that I hire someone is a bit off-putting.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

I apologize completely, but knowing that the editing of a plugin is not something supported in the forum, and that the plugin itself couldn't easily be modified, as confirmed by Simon, it seemed only logical to recommend one of our pros because you're looking for a customized solution. I'm not aware of your license or technical skill, so accept my apology for that too. No one has ever asked to change that plugin to achieve the same goal, so I can't even cross reference you to another post. I believe however, you can, as a developer, always create a new plugin. I just don't know how one goes about that and our pros may, hence my recommendation made solely to assist you in achieving your goal. As Simon suggests, you can't add new stylesheets into that plugin, but a totally different one might be a positive solution.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

Here is the code for the plugin, its a simple class http://paste.pagelines.com/5a Have a crack at it if you like. If you have difficulties just post back here and i'll help, be aware tho, its paddys weekend here in dublin so responses may not be instant or indeed legible lol