• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 designeats

designeats

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

I have a site where the client wants to blog on the blog page and then have unique page where they also post, but only certain posts that have the right tag populate in the secondary page. I looked at the WordPress PageofPosts PHP, but wondered if there was an easier way in Pagelines and one that is already integrated in Pagelines that I just don't know about yet.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

Each tag has its own "page" already and is similar to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Just use 'tag' instead of 'category' and change 'psat' to the tag.

#3 designeats

designeats

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yes, certainly, but how do I make posts with a specific tag populate on page other than or in addition to the blog page?

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

You don't have to "do" anything. Wordpress does that for you automatically. For example, visit

That "page" shows all posts tagged with the word chocolate. You can link to this page wherever you want, such as within a post, in the sidebar, or even add it to your wordpress menu.

#5 designeats

designeats

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Sorry, I guess I am really dumb. I understand the tag search options, but I have a fixed page (

) and I want to have post populate in that page as well as the blog or instead of the blog. How do I do that in pagelines? thanks for your patience.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

If you prefer to use a static page to a dynamic one, then try using Special Recent Posts and using a custom taxonomy for the client posts:

will let you apply a specific category (custom taxonomy) to display posts on the page from that category (taxonomy) only. I use this to create custom taxonomies:

or, you can create a child category in Dashboard > Posts > Categories.

#7 designeats

designeats

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

So, the heart of my question is, what do I add to the specific pages where I want posts with certain tags or categories to make sue they populate there? and how do I get them to populate on those specific pages and not on the blog page?

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

The specific posts from specific tags and categories automatically occupy their own pages, but if you want to hide these specific posts on the blog page, I think that will require a fix in the code. Do you only want to hide posts from only certain categories (that is, maybe two or three out of the total number of categories you have) on your blog page?

#9 designeats

designeats

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Ok, again, I am lost. I must be missing something simple, but I feel like I cannot get the right answer or thorough enough resource to accomplish what I need. I tried adding a page that included the TAG, but page lines or wordpress or both won't allow the slash between "tag" and the the tag item. See:

How can I have a permanent page in my nav that is the aggregate of a specific tag? thanks.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16313 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hi, To add a link in your menu to a specific tag, follow the instructions below. 1. Login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Menu. 2. Once on the Menu editor page, in the top right hand corner, you should see a link called "Screen Options", click this and a drop down will appear. 3. Check the tag box and then click on "Screen Options" again. 4. Now scroll down and on the left hand side, there should be a new section called "Tags", with all your tags inside. 5. Simply check the tag(s) you wish to have added to your custom menu and then click the Add to Menu button. 6. This will add these tag page(s) to your menu, simply position them where you like and hit the Save button. Refresh your website and the tag page(s) should now be visible in your menu for you and your users to click.