• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bethzimmerman

bethzimmerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

I know next to nothing about customizing CSS and I wouldn't know a firebug if it bit me so a "dumbed down" version of the answer to this would be really nice! :) I wanted to put a scrolling message at the top of my blog. I achieved this by using a universal sidebar with a simple text widget. However I would really like to reduce the wasted white space above and below the scrolling text. Plus make it stand out more by changing the color and / or font. Maybe outline this sidebar. But only the universal sidebar. I'm happy with the other sidebars as they are. Thanks in advance!

#2 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

@bethzimmerman: You really have no choice here. The solution is within your site's CSS. That is the only way I know of to do what you want. It really is not that hard. You seem inquisitive.....

#3 bethzimmerman

bethzimmerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Oh ... I'm inquisitive alright. Just wise enough to admit it when I don't have the answers. Every other time I've wanted to do something I just post a message here and voila ... someone gives me some magical code to solve my problem. Not that I learn a whole lot that way but it does save on the frustration!

#4 bethzimmerman

bethzimmerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Y'know what ... I downloaded the Firefox Browser (I usually use Chrome) and the Firebug and figured it out! Too bad I can't accept my own answer! :) Problem solved!