Issue with main nav dropdown in firefox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aubreecherie

aubreecherie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hi, I'm working on a website in Pagelines Framework where the drop down navigation (main navigation) is disappearing before anything can be clicked, but the issue is only in Firefox. It will generate a dropdown, but as soon as it does, it disappears. We are using Simple CSS to adjust the colors, but otherwise are using the menu's to dictate the structure. I don't see why it's not working.

See it here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(must be in firefox - no issue in other browsers)

Any insite or suggestions is appreciated.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

This has been a re-occurring issue on the forum for awhile (it may be CSS or Javascript related). I'll need to add this to a list of issues I'll be submitting in a weekly report.

#3 aubreecherie

aubreecherie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Is it anticipated to be taken care of soon? Our new website (using Pagelines) is going live in two weeks and many of our current website visitors use Firefox. This will be a huge issue for us if they can't access any of our content! Thanks for your time on this.

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hi @aubreecherie I have spent some time on your site trying to mess around with the CSS to get the dropdowns to work properly in FireFox but have had no success. In other cases I have been able to fix it so I think that you may have something else interfering. Could you please try disabling ALL of your plugins and see if the issue persists? I see you have a few plugins installed that are related to navigation and CSS, but would prefer if you disabled them all for now (you won't lose any settings as long as you don't delete them). Also, ensure your copy of Wordpress is up to date.

#5 aubreecherie

aubreecherie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hi Jenny, Thank you for your response! And also for the time you spent on the site looking for the issue. I did go through and clean up the plug-ins I have. That was the issue. I had some plug-ins that I wasn't using but left in. Unfortunately I'm not sure which exact plug-in was the issue, but many of them were not up to date. I really appreciate your help! We no longer have the issue that we did. Best, ~Aubree