Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Custom drop down

Question

Posted · Report post

I am trying to create a custom "Text' primary sidebar widget that looks like this: quick_search.jpg I am thinking I can create the drop downs using "Custom menu" widgets, but that leaves me scratching my head to create a submit button and style the look of this widget to match similar to the image above image. Grateful of any help or pointers. thanks Jim

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

That looks like a very specific type of search/menu. I think it would be easier for you to use a plugin rather than generate the dropdowns and parameters needed to come up with the right results after clicking the button. Plugins can be searched for in the plugin directory: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/. Where did you get that screenshot? From another WordPress blog? If you have a link, you can post it here and I can check to see if they're using a plugin for that search.

Posted · Report post

The screenshot is from a non-wordpress site - [url]www.hammondgower.co.uk[/url]. I've trawled the plug-ins already and can't find a suitable solution. Any further pointers welcome - thanks.

Posted · Report post

Ah, then it is likely that they got their developer to create that dropdown search for them. This sounds like a customization, which is suited for a professional designer to do (this task goes beyond the scope of the forum). If you want to get in touch with a developer/designer who can replicate this search feature, please go to: http://pagelines.com/pros