How To Register Another Universal Sidebar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teeskie

teeskie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

I've seen the posts on how to, but can't seem to get my head around adding another sidebar. I'd like to add another universal sidebar, as I've already used the curent one to add a facebook like box in the header.. Is there a clear walkthrough of the steps to add another sidebar? Or can someone give me the steps I need to take? Also, Im using base theme and have pagelines customize plugin installed..

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hi Tim, I am not 100% sure on how to or if it is even possible to add another sidebar, I will find out for you and reply here when I have further information. However, you could use the Widget Logic plug-in, which allows you to show/hide widgets on a per post/page basis.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have bookmarked your topic.

#3 teeskie

teeskie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hey Danny, I know about widget logic but my issue is that I've already used the universal plugin to add a widget area in the header. But I want to add another widget area below the content. Thats why I thought I might need to create another sidebar, otherwise there's nothing i can add.. Looking forward to hearing back on this one :)

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

Perhaps you can switch it around and use the Universal Sidebar as your other sidebar and use a hook to place your Facebook code in the header instead (that way, you wouldn't have to use the Universal Sidebar). There are two ways to add hooks (described here in the last two paragraphs here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

).