8 replies to this topic

#1 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Is there an easy way to change feature slider order within the theme or some other way. I have a number of slides and need to add more, but it adds my new slides at the end, not the beginning. So right now, I have to manually cut and paste and each slide down one to get free space at the beginning for the new one I want to add. Iblog5 Pro and the Framework are not an option for me. Until Iblog5 gets hammered out functionally and the blue theme gets added back in, I have to stay on 4.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Grab and install http://wordpress.org...t-types-order/. This may help. However, I'm unsure how iBlogPro4 actually orders the appearance of the slides. I was under the impression they were already sorted by the slide number. Please let us know if that plugin works. It should add a sorting feature to each slide to tell the slide which comes first, second, third... etc.

#3 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

I already use that plug-in and it does absolutely nothing for feature slides. The feature slides are integrated into the theme itself. The slides don't appear as posts or pages per se right?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Right, I believe your point is correct. They're a jquery function I believe in iBlogPro4, and as such, each is numbered. The only thing I wasn't sure about was how the order appears (ascending or descending) in the site. Likely it's descending... so Slide 1 = first slide however it could be reverse, so that Slide 1 is the last one viewed in transition. It gets very confusing. My sympathies and apologies are with you.

#5 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

So if each slide is numbered where can I change the order? Is it stored in some kind of php or ini file or in the database itself?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

I think you just need to design each slide in the order specified. If you want a slide to appear as No. 1, then it should go in the Feature 1 settings. It may mean mixing and matching your slides to their corresponding slot.

#7 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

That is what I thought... that works fine with a limited number of slides, but when you end up with 7-8, etc. and still want to add more, new ones being at the front, well that makes for A LOT of copying and pasting. Clearly you guys will not be improving or adding any more additions to iBlog4 Pro since you have moved on to 5 and the new framework, but this would have been one enhancement greatly appreciated.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

I'm feeling your pain. When I first started using PageLines' products it was WhiteHousePro, which has the same setup. I'd be careful too with the number of slides in one slider group because it can utilize lots of RAM and slow your site. Keep it to 7 or less if you want the site to run fast.

#9 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Good to know... fortunately, the site is on a self hosted VM with gobs of memory and proc. Something to file away though.