Plugin Incompatibility List

Question

Posted · Report post

If you've ever had a plugin conflict, you know the headache it can cause. Erratic or strange site behavior is normally caused by a faulty plugin. Whether the plugin is out of date, not compatible with the current version of Wordpress, or just badly coded, this post will serve as a central location for plugins that have been reported as incompatible with PageLines Framework.

Note: If you are the author of a plugin listed below, please contact hello@pagelines.com and provide us with a copy of your plugin to have it tested for potential removal from this list.

If you have a plugin to add to this list, please leave a comment with a link to the plugin and one of us will test it. Once deemed incompatible, it will be added to the list below.

Plugins reported as incompatible (date reported):

• CBPRESS (3/13/12) - unable to test; premium plugin
  • Stream Video Player (3/13/12)
  • WPFacePages (3/14/12) - unable to test; premium plugin
  • Wordpress Poll (9/12/12)
  • Optinskin (9/12/12)
  • WP Minify (11/12/12)
  • Auto Excerpt Everywhere (11/12/12)
  • Strictly Auto Tags (11/12/12)

Further information and specific reasons for incompatibility are available in the Wiki.

1 person likes this

61 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Plugin Q2W3 Fixed Widget generates a conflict with features.
If Q2W3 Fixed Widget is enabled the transition on features doesn't work.

I have found this bug on my site http://www.antecucina.com

Posted · Report post

I haven't conducted lengthy tests on this, but I found that Foobox wouldn't work in the Pagelines installation where I tried to install it.

http://getfoobox.com

I played with various incompatibility settings within Foobox but none of them seemed to get it running.

I like Foobox a lot; hope there isn't an intrinsic incompatibility.

Posted · Report post

I posted above about an apparent incompatibility with Foobox ( http://getfoobox.com ) which I can;t get running when using Pagelines.

I do hope there's some way this can be resolved; if it's an inherent incompatibility I'd like to know.

BTW, today I bought a new PL section - also called Foobox but offering something quite different and rather interesting.

But I couldn't install it because..

"Destination folder already exists /home/mydomain/public_html/wp-content/plugins/foobox/"

Arrgh!

Posted · Report post

I think this plugin is causing erros in the pagelines backend interface.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-chat-plugin/

How can I isolate the plugin's stylesheet so it doesn't affect pagelines? I noticed it makes general <ul> <li> styling which affects the tabs in the pagelines backend.

Thanks,

Alex

Posted · Report post

Hi,

@ Jenny:

If you have a plugin to add to this list, please leave a comment with a link to the plugin and one of us will test it. Once deemed incompatible, it will be added to the list below.

Plugins reported as incompatible (date reported):

• CBPRESS (3/13/12) - unable to test; premium plugin
  • Stream Video Player (3/13/12)
  • WPFacePages (3/14/12) - unable to test; premium plugin
  • Wordpress Poll (9/12/12)
  • Optinskin (9/12/12)
  • WP Minify (11/12/12)
  • Auto Excerpt Everywhere (11/12/12)
  • Strictly Auto Tags (11/12/12)

Further information and specific reasons for incompatibility are available in the Wiki.

1. Is this list still updated? Moreover, the Wiki link seems broken: any other location?
  2. This useful "bootstrap plugin" http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-bootstrap-css/ breaks PL frontend: logical considering PL bootstrap integration?

Posted · Report post

Is it just me?

I've commented on this thread before - on page three - and today went to check the latest comments.. but I only seem to be able to access page one of this topic/thread.

Posted · Report post

Considering the grief I'm experiencing, as well as seeing on these forums, regarding event calendars and conflicts, I suggest you consider adding:

All-In-One Event Calendar 1.9 by Time.Ly

Ajax Event Calendar 1.0.4 by Eren Miller

Google Calendar Events 0.7.2 by Ross Hanney 

These are three of the highest rated, most popular event calendar plug-ins available. Great, except that PageLines doesn't like them. If PageLines is having problems with three different popular event calendar plug-ins, then perhaps they should be more pro-active on getting this long-standing issue dealt with.

I can't say I'm in a hurry to upgrade to DMS unless something is done soon.

Posted · Report post

I bought the framework a couple of years ago and did not use it after a few months because it started conflicting with this plugin called WP property. Now after nearly 2 years before buying the DMS 2, I confirmed on email if the plugin is compatible and I was reassured it works fine and if there is an issue someone would be able to help me. So here I am again, my real estate website is built on twenty ten theme with over 400 pages and I want to switch it over to DMS to get a better design and look. Everything works great on twenty ten in terms of functionality however it looks a very dated site with very less designing options, So while DMS provides me with great look and feel, the functionality takes a back seat. 

Here are some of my problems with DMS and wp property conflict:

1. I am unable to showcase a featured image on top of each property page
  2. The search functionality is not working at all
  3. Currently there are over 400 property pages on the site, is there a way to assign templates to each one of them without individually visiting each page

WP property is built by https://usabilitydynamics.com/ My website is delhirealestateguyDOTcom, please let me know if you need to do some testing and need my password or anything. 

I am technologically challenged, so please bear with me. Thanks,  

Posted · Report post

Hello, Can anyone look into this for me please. All my previous attempts at resolving this with plugin folks have not resulted in anything, they are a little fussy in this area and only support the plugins compatibility with Wordpress basic themes like Twenty ten, eleven etc and one of there own premium (Denali) theme. 

The plugins main purpose is to list/add properties, sort and add search functionality to the site. While I am able to add property, sort listings etc however, no results are showing when searching via the search panel. Thanks in advance! Pankaj