Plugin Incompatibility List

Question

Posted · Report post

If you've ever had a plugin conflict, you know the headache it can cause. Erratic or strange site behavior is normally caused by a faulty plugin. Whether the plugin is out of date, not compatible with the current version of Wordpress, or just badly coded, this post will serve as a central location for plugins that have been reported as incompatible with PageLines Framework.

Note: If you are the author of a plugin listed below, please contact hello@pagelines.com and provide us with a copy of your plugin to have it tested for potential removal from this list.

If you have a plugin to add to this list, please leave a comment with a link to the plugin and one of us will test it. Once deemed incompatible, it will be added to the list below.

Plugins reported as incompatible (date reported):

• CBPRESS (3/13/12) - unable to test; premium plugin
  • Stream Video Player (3/13/12)
  • WPFacePages (3/14/12) - unable to test; premium plugin
  • Wordpress Poll (9/12/12)
  • Optinskin (9/12/12)
  • WP Minify (11/12/12)
  • Auto Excerpt Everywhere (11/12/12)
  • Strictly Auto Tags (11/12/12)

Further information and specific reasons for incompatibility are available in the Wiki.

1 person likes this

61 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I've had issues with WPFacePages. Would love to be able to get it working without causing issues. :-) I noticed that it made the individual pages and posts area for pagelines look "funny". Upon further use I noticed I wasn't able to clone stuff when the plugin was activated.

Posted · Report post

@purple We are unable to test this since it is a premium plugin but I will add it to the list. Do you have further information about making the pages and posts area look "funny"?

Posted · Report post

I would be happy to give you my premium developer version to test. Just let me know and I can send you a zip of it. As far as the looking "funny" part: In the Pagelines Meta Settings for each page or post, it displays the menu on the left properly, but the area for actually editing each section gets pushed down on the page.

Posted · Report post

99.999% of these bad layout cases are plugin authors simply not following guidelines [url]http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script#Load_scripts_only_on_plugin_pages[/url] If they follow the examples there, css/js will only load on their plugin admin pages and not every admin page/post meta screen. Trouble is most of these 'developers' simply cut and paste from other bad code and never bother to read the wordpress codex ;)

Posted · Report post

Thanks! Added that info to the [url="http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/WordPress_Plugin_Compatibility#WPFacePages"]Wiki[/url].

Posted · Report post

WP Sales Engine Plugin seems to be incompatible with v2.1.6. Sets off the Javascript Issue Detector.

Posted · Report post

WP125 Not displaying properly even though it's listed as Pagelines compatible.

Posted · Report post

@brightideas I use WP125 on two PageLines sites with no issues at all.

Posted · Report post

@seo_pro Would you be able to provide that information to the plugin author so they can attempt to correct it?

Posted · Report post

using beta 2.2-1339538942 - have KenBurner Slider installed, for some reason didn't see KenBurner Captions. Disabled Contact Form 7 and they came back. Confirmed it by activated and deactivating it again.

Posted · Report post

have Mobile Menu (Enrique's) installed. Have background image that wasn't showing up. Disabled plugins one at a time, found Mobile Menu deactivated and background image came back. Again confirmed by activating and deactivating.

Posted · Report post

Thanks @misyte ! I've asked Henry to email Enrique on those. :)

Posted · Report post

Hi @misyte the Mobile Menu is using the beta 2.2 too? Regards!!

Posted · Report post

The plugin available from groupbuyingsite.com is incompatible with Framework 2.2.

Posted · Report post

I'm using the JS-composer / Visual Composer (a pro-plugin from CodeCanyon). This one is using the .navbar-inner rule in CSS, but it is also used in the fixed top-menu-bar. I'm not able to override unless I change the core files. How can I fix this?

Posted · Report post

Can someone let me know why the "embedpicasa" plugin messes up the pagelines admin area? It enlarges all of the buttons. The plugin still functions, but I hate the way it messes up everything. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Posted · Report post

My issues include Google Calendar Events and the PostPins sections, which skews everything when using both. I really like the Google Calendar Events plugin and would like to continue using it. Another issue that came up was using the Pagelines carousel at the bottom of a page that has PostPins - it seems to cause skewing as well.

Posted · Report post

Events + plugin from WPMU DEV conflicts in the admin panel the issue is down to jQuery UI being injected in

Posted · Report post

I haven't been able to get the tool tips hover feature to work in WP full calendar. When I hover I just get a "loading. . . " message. Would love to get that working, or if not, get rid of the loading message, since links do work once clicked. page url: [url="http://shamaniclightwork.org/calendar/"]http://shamaniclightwork.org/calendar/[/url]

MODERATOR EDIT: Please see page 2. The member has corrected this.

Posted · Report post

@creatov You can always customize using CSS. Just use specificity with your CSS selectors.

@apattee You will need to contact the plugin author about that. Enlarged PageLines admin tabs is the most common sign of faulty plugins.

@jcaynes I'm not really sure what you mean but you may want to post in the forum for additional support on this. However if the issue is found to be the fault of the plugin, then you will be directed to contact the plugin author for support.

@zihzo Could you provide us with a link to download the plugin?

@suerama Is the tool tips hover feature a part of the plugin? If so, please contact the plugin author to make them aware of the issue. He/she will also be able to advise you on how to get rid of the loading message.

Posted · Report post

Please put 'Mobile Menu' on the list on the first post in this stream. I am v. v. v. tired and grumpy after wasting a day chasing down why my features panels were tiled down a never ending page. I came here, read the top and moved on as I didn't have any of those plug-ins. But you have known for MONTHS that MM is a culprit.

Posted · Report post

A plugin to report - Wordpress Poll ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cardoza-wordpress-poll/ ) It ruins part of the backend of the framework. Screenshots: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/xmzdc http://www.freeimagehosting.net/cgt9i Paradoxically, it works OK at the front end.

Posted · Report post

Optinskin from Viper Chill appears to be incompatible with PageLines Framework 2.2.5. Activating it seems to render all widgets "undraggable" so you can't do anything with them. It also seems to remove widgets from widget areas.

Posted · Report post

@karenb Please contact the plugin author with that information. His contact info is [url="http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/mobile-menu/"]here[/url].

@vergilst Confirmed that Wordpress Poll breaks the PageLines admin. Adding it to the list.

@dawsonbarber I will add this to the list because I believe I remember speaking to you in live chat about this. I am unable to test since it is a premium plugin.

Posted · Report post

You can add all plugins that "minify" CSS and javascript. For example WP Minify.