• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

The default template has a content sidebar section available to place into the content area. The other templates do not have this section available and I am not sure if this is controlled by settings or not. I'm using this section for the Breadcrumb NavXT widget. If the content section is not available for template pages then I'll need to find another option for placing the breadcrumb in the content area for template pages. The website I'm working on is www.compression.org. Thanks.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Presuming that on your Template for the Content Area you have the Content Sidebar set above the PostLoop... when you go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and place the BreadcrumbNavXT widget in the Content Sidebar, does it not appear somewhere? Another option would be to use the Universal Sidebar inside the content area, then place the breadcrumb widget inside that sidebar.

#3 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

I have it set up as you mentioned for pages using the default template and it works fine, but for pages with templates 1-5, the Content Sidebar is not available to drap and drop on top of the PostLoop. In other words, under "1. Select Template Area" I chose the Content Area and the Content Sidebar doesn't even show up in the "2. Arrange Sections in Area with Drag & Drop" in the Available / Disabled Sections for templates 1-5. I can use the Universal Sidebar option, but right now I'm using it for something else.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

Is Content Sidebar available to drag and drop in your other templates (such as 404 Page and the other page templates)?

#5 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

Nope. It's available for Template|Default, Blog, and Blog Post content area types only.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

I double-checked and Content Sidebar isn't available to add to Content Area for those templates. What are you using the Universal Sidebar for currently? Perhaps a workaround can made so that you can use the Universal Sidebar in Templates 1-5 and use a different sidebar for the other templates that are currently using Universal Sidebar.

#7 Jason M

Jason M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for letting me know that it can't be used. Maybe that will be something added in the future? In the meantime, I can definitely rethink my use of the Universal Sidebar and start using it for the BreadcrumbNavXT widget. Thanks again everyone for your help.