Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Phone number image at top right of header

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello everyone, I'd like to have my phone number at the top right hand side of my website above the social media icons. Did try another related thread and was told to start a new question. I've got the phone number saved as an image but not sure how to get it added to the top? Appreciate any help. I've got no idea what hooks are/do and very little html/css knowledge!

14 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Can't you use the brandnav option and incorporate those details into the header image? Might be easier and avoids hooks/css

Posted · Report post

Yes, Jamie has a point. However, I must beg the question, why an image? If you elect to use a hook and CSS to place the phone number, why not make it styled and text based? If you wish to create a hook, then you should start here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Add_Customization

Posted · Report post

@julschong: I just did exactly what you are asking. I'd be glad to post the hook, and final CSS if you wish.

Posted · Report post

@WebWerx that would be amazing and a massive help. If you can be bothered can you give instructions on where to put them as well?

Posted · Report post

Ya sure. Just PM me tomorrow to remind me.

Posted · Report post

@WebWerx Thanks for being a huge help around here.

Posted · Report post

No worries @catrina. This is a good community. One of the better forums I am on!

Posted · Report post

Okay @julschong Here we go: 1) Add the Base Theme (free in PL Store) to your WP implementation. From now on you will make all changes to functions.php or custom.css here: Dashboard> Appearance> Editor > Base Theme. This will allow for smooth upgrades of the core PL Framework. Plus if you screw up you haven't wrecked your site (and your day!). 2) Paste this code into functions.php: http://paste.pagelines.com/7 Note the addition of the DIV (for the next step) 3) Paste this code into custom.css: http://paste.pagelines.com/4v You will have to adjust the CSS properties to suit your needs. That's it! This will get you going. The same concept applies for whenever you want to stick something in the theme that is not already there (a very rare occasion) Thanks to @pross, @rangelone & @Danny for tutoring me on how to get to this point.

Posted · Report post

thanks v much @WebWorx. I'll give it a crack tonight. FYI - the link to your first bit of code needs to be http://paste.pagelines.com/7l - I'm glad I at least figured this bit out!!

Posted · Report post

Let us know how it goes. We're here if you need assistance.

Posted · Report post

@julschong: No worries. Not sure what happened with my copy/paste! :((

Posted · Report post

@WebWerx. Brilliant. Worked so easily. Question now is how do I change the size and font? I tried inserting XXX for example, but nothing seems to change.

Posted · Report post

@julschong: Your reaction was the same as mine! It really is simple. Re the font size etc, you will need to add CSS elements not HTML elements (as above). Got it?

Posted · Report post

ta daa!!! www.zenonline.com.au !! thanks for all the help