Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

more than one contentbox

Question

Posted · Report post

How can I add a contentbox section to the content section and also add a contentbox section to the morefooter section? Each would have different content.

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

If you want to add more than one ContentBox to a content section, you can add it and clone it (the "Clone" feature is in "Options" when you drag ContentBox to the Active Sections area). The same can be done in the Morefoot template area.

Posted · Report post

The issue is that when I add the content box to the forefoot area it includes the same content that I have for the Content section. I can't clone a section that already has content in one section for another section? If I can, how do I do that?

Posted · Report post

Stano, I don't believe that you can add the ContentBox twice without getting the content twice. What exactly do you want to appear in your footer? There may be an alternative method.

Posted · Report post

I want to use a slider plugin in place of the Carousel because I want to link a slider function with external URL links. The "promotion slider" plugin will do that with placement of shortcode. I don't know how to incorporate short code into many of the sections and the morefooter section is no exception. Do you have a suggestion?

Posted · Report post

Have you considered adding the Content Box to the Footer instead of morefoot?

Posted · Report post

I don't see the option to add a content box to the footer.

Posted · Report post

Hm, I initially thought the Content Box could be added there. Perhaps you can use a hook instead to add an area (where the morefoot usually is) and add the shortcode to that hook. Are you using PageLines Customize?

Posted · Report post

How do you add shortcode into hooks? I'm not a php programer so I'm new to this but want to learn about using hooks.

Posted · Report post

Hooks are used to insert elements in a page without editing the actual core files. They're available to use by installing the PageLines Customize plugin (available from the PageLines Store) or using the base theme. The plugin installation is described here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_PageLines_Customize_Plugin How to use the base theme is explained here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Base_Theme You can use either methods in order to use hooks.