• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 5344

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hey, Im trying to get a background image in the header. I want it to be BEHIND the current header and "features" but I cant figure out how to do this. Example: I have brandnav disabled, I tried enabling it and setting a background picture but its not going behind the actualt "header" its just pushing the rest down. My header template consists of: Secondary Nav Features Nav Thanks in advance!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

How are you adding this background image? Are you using CSS added to Custom Code > Custom CSS? If so, what code are you adding?

#3 5344

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Thats what I am asking, I have a child theme made up and prefer to use that. Not sure what tag to reference as I cant get it to display properly.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hi, I think this is going to be very difficult but let's see. Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates and include the Features in the header, along with the branding, navigation and secondary navigation. Place those navigation options where you want them in vertical order. If the features are to be at the bottom, move that to the lowest position. Now go to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Color Control and upload your background image, setting it to 0 vertical position and 50 for the horizontal. Not knowing the image, you may need to adjust it if you need it to tile. Once uploaded, save your settings. The background should now be visible behind the branding area/heading, globally.

#5 5344

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

I already have a background image. I have added the "branding" now to my header, can I not somehow set the background image of the branding to be the picture I want? Did you look at the screen shot I attached and the site? I just want the background image to be the background image of the header only. For instance I can do the following: #branding .content { z-index: 10; background: MYPIC; height: 250px; } But it then pushes down the nav and everything else, is there a way I can get it to move up behind the featured area? Thanks in advance

#6 5344

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Figured it out. #feature_slider { position: relative; z-index: 999; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; background: white; } #branding .branding_wrap { position: absolute; zoom: 1; background:url("img/header.png"); height: 245px; width: 1024px; z-index: -999; }

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

Okay, great. :)