Sub-Sub menu items not shown

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cdedse

cdedse

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

I am trying to create a Primary navigation menu with sub menu and sub-sub menu. The sub menu options appears but pagelines is not showing the sub-sub menu options. I want a menu like this: Level1 | |---->level 2-1 |---->level 2-2 | |level 3-1 |level 3-2 wordpress/pagelines are showing menu items upto level 2-1 and level2-2 but for level 2-2, it is not showing level 3-1 and level 3-2 and its sub items. Could someone please help me at the earliest? Regards Vinayan

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16358 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hi Vinayan,

The PageLines menu system using Superfish and has been set to have a depth of 3. If you wish to change the depth value, you will need to edit the Brandnav or Nav section.php file. Simply open up either one (depending on which one you're using and then search for:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Increase the value and click save. However, when an update is released to PageLines Framework, this change will be overwritten. Therefore, I recommend you use a child theme and simply upload the Brandnav or Nav section to your sections folder in your child theme and then make the necessary changes.

#3 cdedse

cdedse

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Dear Danny, Just want to know what mistake I am making. This is what I tried. I have "Pagelines cutomize" plugin installed. As said in

page : I copied both the Brandnav and Nav folders from the "wordpresshtdocswp-contentthemespagelinessections" to wordpresshtdocswp-contentpluginspagelines-customize and edited the section.php file in both the folders to changed the depth value as follows: 'depth' => 5 But still still the sub menus are shown only upto level 3. I am still trying to find out the mistake, meanwhile could you please help me to fix this. Regards Vinayan

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16358 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hi Vinayan, Have you got the sections in the following structure? wordpresshtdocswp-contentpluginspagelines-customizesections Brandnav / Nav go here.

#5 cdedse

cdedse

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Dear Danny, It still did not work. I have created folders wordpresshtdocswp-contentpluginspagelines-customizesectionsnav wordpresshtdocswp-contentpluginspagelines-customizesectionsbrandnav and copied the entire contents of brandnav and nav folders from wordpresshtdocswp-contentthemespagelinessections into the respective folder. Edited sections.php in both the folders so that 'depth' => 5. But sill I do not get 5 levels of sub-menu. (I also tried keeping only the seciton.php files in the corresponding folder) What could be wrong? Further, every time when I update pagelines my feature settings are reset on all the pages and posts. It is painful to update each page/post feature settings after every pageline update. How do I keep my meta settings permanent not effected by any updtes? Thanking you Regards Vinayan K P

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16358 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hi Vinayan, I apologise, I was wrong you don't add them to the PageLines Customisation plug-in directory you add them to the PageLines-Sections plug-in directory for example: /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/Brandnav /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/Nav Therefore, add them to the above and it should work for you, I apologise for the confusion.

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Also remember you will need to add new css to each section, as the css only goes 3 levels deep too.

#8 zed00

zed00

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

I have a similar problem when trying to display a 4-level menu of pages, but I'm not using a custom navigation menu--I'm nesting the pages themselves and letting them display accordingly in the default horizontal main nav menu. Except it will only go 3 levels deep. As a test of the above advice, I created a custom menu that mimics the page nesting and increased the depth to 4 in the appropriate section.php files, then I deployed the menu--and it works fine. But if I return to the default page structure--3 levels only. Where do I go to increase that depth?

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Unfortunately, the request you're making is one of customization that goes beyond normal forum support. I'd suggest you write out what you hope to achieve and request a quote from one of our pros at

#10 zed00

zed00

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Uh, really? My simple question about effecting a result nearly identical to what was described earlier in this thread regarding menu depth is "customization that goes beyond normal forum support," and the original suggestion that native php files be edited is worthy of response? Thanks. Thanks so much.

#11 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

The fall back menu if you do not have a menu setup uses standard wp_list_pages() in library.templates.php

#12 cdedse

cdedse

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:56 AM

Dear Danny, Sorry to say that even pagelins-sections plugin also did not help. This is what I did. a. Installed Pagelines sections plugin b. Copied the /brandnav and /nav directory and its contents to the /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/ directory. c. Edited the sections.php in both the /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/Brandnav /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/Nav to make 'depth' => 5, But still it is showing only upto 3 sub levels of menus Dear Simon, Could you please explain me Hi Vinayan, I apologise, I was wrong you don't add them to the PageLines Customisation plug-in directory you add them to the PageLines-Sections plug-in directory for example: /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/Brandnav /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/Nav Further, I saw Mr. Simon saying "Also remember you will need to add new css to each section, as the css only goes 3 levels deep too". Could you please explain me this, also tell me what should be the name and content of the .css file if I have to create one in /Brandnave and /Nav folder? Thanking you Regards Vinayan

#13 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

In regards to the CSS, Simon is saying that you're going to need to create CSS styling that will customize the appearance of your sections. You don't need to create a new .CSS file and add it to any of the folders. You just need to add it to Settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS. Custom CSS is explained further here:

#14 cdedse

cdedse

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

Dear Danny and Catrina, As you all know I know nothing about CSS or php or html coding. I bought pagelines with the promise that the support team will help me customize. Now it seems like I have to learn coding. Could you please give me the code that will give a 'n' level sub menu in pagelines? Thanking you in advance, Regards Vinayan

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16358 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hi Vinayan, The PageLines forum support team are more than happy to assist any PageLines user, with any issues they may have. However, we are not here to design peoples websites, Vinayan we have provided you with the instructions on how to increase the child menu item number. If this hasn't work, I recommend you contact one of the PageLines Pros for assistance.