Hook for music player widget for main nav

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rosiecatalano

rosiecatalano

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm using Platform Pro and would like to place a music player widget from Bandcamp in the area where the search function would sit on the right-hand side of the main nav bar. Ideally I'd like to enter some code in to functions.php and style.css using the Pagelines Customize plugin. I'm very new to hooks and so far every time I've attempted them I've ended up with pages of error messages. This is the bandcamp widget code: Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16570 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi, First things first, the PageLines Customisation plug-in is only for PageLines Framework and not Platform Pro. If you wish to add custom code like hooks etc... you will need to Platform Pro Base child theme. Regarding the hooks question, I have provided you with a link to our legacy documentation, which has information as well as a video which should help you.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

#3 rosiecatalano

rosiecatalano

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

Hi Danny, I attempted to make a child theme prior to activating PageLines Customize and didn't have much success but I'll have another go and get back to you. Cheers.

#4 rosiecatalano

rosiecatalano

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Sorry Danny, you're right. It's PageLines Framework - Professional Edition. In this instance, is there a particular hook code I can enter in to PageLines Customize to embed this bandcamp widget? I've looked at the documentation a number of times and whenever I've entered a version of the hook code that I think should work I end up with pages of errors and have to restore the site from a backed up version (which is why I've turned to the forums). Thanks for your help, and apologies again for the confusion.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16570 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi Rosie,

Can you give this a try please. It wont be in the correct the position, therefore I recommend you use the free plug-in ActionMap from the PageLines store.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 rosiecatalano

rosiecatalano

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:39 AM

Thanks Danny, you're brilliant - that works perfectly. It sits below the navigation menu at the moment but I'll check out the action map and have a play until it's where I want it. Cheers.