Moving to Multisite, have problems - has_cap

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ryanjohnjackson

ryanjohnjackson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hey all, long time no questions from me! Things have been pretty good with my site development and pagelines for a while now. I haven't had any problems that I can think of today. So here's the current issue "Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /var/www/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3551". -3551 is debug true/false I turned it to true because I was getting a blank page. - When I import the pageline settings from my single site version to my multisite version the pagelines settings import page goes blank. I turned on debug and I had 2 notices. 1 was from q and a, which I deactivated and then I only had the has_cap left. The has_cap notice now also appears under permalinks in the settings menu. This error didn't occur until after I tried to import the pagelines settings. I did research has_cap and it says it's deprecated way of putting user levels into php. I have no idea what that has to do with my work since I've only done a few lines of custom php to put links in my header. ---------------------------------------------------- Let me explain my details: Theme current site is pagelines framework 2.0.1 and child theme 1.0.3 (i think) I can't upadte because I noticed it changed a lot of css and I really don't have time to alter all of it. I currently has about 40 pages of custom CSS. I am a n00b still so this may be overkill. Both sites are 2.0.1 so the settings should be fine to import. I moved the themes, plugins, and uploads manually. Nothing else has been imported into the site. Wordpress 3.3.1 Plugs: link library, q and a, wp ui (can't live without this) and about 10 others. All in use on single site server without issue. 1 server is debian (wp single site) and the other is sles (wp network/multisite). I have read this doc:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This was really no help to us. My boss requested I don't import the mysql database since it may have single site settings that will cause issues on multisite. Can anyone help? This is only our first big problem and we go live. I am just concerned this

#2 ryanjohnjackson

ryanjohnjackson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

The site isn't available to the public yet

#3 ryanjohnjackson

ryanjohnjackson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

I've also seen this

But my error doesn't tell me anything but the generic "has_cap" notice.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

The has_cap error is one of your plugins using the rather ancient user levels system. If you intend to use plugins from 3rd parties either expect errors like this or turn debugging off! We code all ours with debugging enabled to be sure the end user gets no errors, same cannot be said for the thousands of other plugins/themes.

#5 ryanjohnjackson

ryanjohnjackson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

#6 ryanjohnjackson

ryanjohnjackson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Pross the thing is I have the same plugins on the single site version but no problems? Same pagelines, same wordpress only difference is singlesite to multisite. When I turn debugging off I still get a blank page?

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Sorry Ryan, that link is not related to your issue.

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Well disable all the plugins and enable them one at a time, my guess is that the one plugin that is giving the error, is NOT multisite aware at all, since wordpress multisite code was written well after user roles were put into core.

#9 ryanjohnjackson

ryanjohnjackson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

I might add I copied them. All versions of all things (except the os) are the same. WAIT there is 1 different plugin but that is recommended by wordpress itself for multisite. I'll have to check that one. ARRG ;)

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Which plugin are you referring to? Let us know what you find out. :)

#11 ryanjohnjackson

ryanjohnjackson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

I deactivated all the plugins (except pagelines plugins) and still had the problem. So I just manually redid all the settings and had no issues after that. Doesn't matter anyway my boss decided to blow the server away and somehow managed to rebuild the site from mysql and converted it to multisite by cheating. Thanks though!

#12 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

Do you need assistance with anything else?

#13 ryanjohnjackson

ryanjohnjackson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Nope, thanks.

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA