Thumbnails in Carousel using Nextgen
Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:14 PM
Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:07 PM
Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:34 PM
Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:21 PM
Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:38 PM
Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:51 PM
Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:48 PM
Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:03 PM
Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:52 PM
Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:32 AM
Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:06 PM
Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:29 AM
Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:38 PM
Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:50 PM
(Dear lovely Pagelines, I would love to see Carousel act as an image gallery that you could add individual images to and then simply add a link. It seems like it would not be that hard. This has been a very frustrating issue for me - wasting a couple of days trying to make the NextGen Gallery solution work.)
To make an image in the Carousel act as an external link I:
1. In Pagelines>Meta Settings>Carousel. Set the "Carousel Image/Link Mode" to "Post Thumbnails" and set "Posts Mode - Select Post Category" to the category I am using for the images - in this case it is Sponsors.
2. Create the images using the exact size I want the thumbnails to be in the carousel.
3. Install the Quick Page Post Redirect Plugin by Don Fischer.
4. Create a new post. Set the category. In this case "Sponsors".
5. Add your image as the Featured Image.
6. Below the edit area on the post is the Quick Page Post Redirect area. Enter your settings.
That should make your carousel use the featured image and create an external link as the post redirects automatically to the external page. No messing with the files or code required!
Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:07 PM
Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:22 AM
Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:15 AM
Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:29 AM
How do you hide the posts though? Since my website also has a blog I don't want those posts showing anywhere. Thanks!