Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How To Remove the Byline info on Pagelines 2.1?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi. In the Pagelines 2.1 settings for Blogs and Posts, I see no option to not show the Byline Info on my post pages. How can I remove it on Pagelines 2.1?

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You're referring to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Blogs And Posts... below the excerpt mode selectors, where it should say "Full Width Post Meta"? You're not seeing that?

Posted · Report post

I see "Configure Full Width Post Metabar" - I've tried deleting all of the shortcodes in the white box, and still it doesn't remove the byline (author, date, etc,). What am I doing wrong?

Posted · Report post

After saving your settings, does the white box remain empty? Also, are you using Post Clips? If you see the metabar/byline info in Post Clips, you need to remove the shortcodes from white box labeled [b]Configure Clip Metabar[/b].

Posted · Report post

Yes, after saving the settings the white boxes are empty. I am using post clips, and both the Full Width Post Meta and Clip Metabar shortcodes have been deleted. The site is for a client, and the blog page (News and Updates) still has the byline info. Here's the site... [url="http://www.frankpintabone.com"]frankpintabone.com[/url]

Posted · Report post

One other possibility... In Dashboard > PageLines > Templates in the Content Area (box inside the graphic on the right), once clicked you should see what's in your content area. One option may well be that you have "Post/Author" in that area on one or more of your templates. If you do, just slide it to the right. That page saves itself.

Posted · Report post

Thanks... I thought that would be the answer, but it wasn't. Hmmmm.

Posted · Report post

What happens if you were to change the shortcodes in the metabar (for example, leaving only the shortcode for the post author in the white box)? Does only the post author display or does the same information (author, date, etc.) remain?

Posted · Report post

Wow, I just tried putting only the author shortcode in the box and now only the author's name shows! I still would like to not have any byline info show. How weird?

Posted · Report post

I only put this in each box... [post_edit]. It worked!! Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Great!