• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cwith

cwith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Hello all, I seem to be having some problems with, A: How can I center my menu bar at the header? I can't seem to find where to add the center tag in the header.php... B: How can I change the menu background color? Right now it is transparent and showing my site background color through (Except for the Home button oddly) you can see the menu bar @ themeisnertechniquestudio.com/test2/ thanks!

#2 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

Using Firefox with FireBug this appears to be your menu code:

<div class="content-pad">
	<div id="nav_row" class="main_nav fix">
	<ul id="menu-nav" class="main-nav sf-menu sf-js-enabled sf-shadow">
	<li class="page_item page-item-41 current_page_item">
	<li class="page_item page-item-10">
	<li class="page_item page-item-104">
	<li class="page_item page-item-68">
	<li class="page_item page-item-43">
	<li class="page_item page-item-50">
	<li class="page_item page-item-137">
	<li class="page_item page-item-112">
	</ul>
	</div>
	</div>

From here we can use the information to create the CSS code to not only center but change the background color.

#3 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

You can also use the simple CSS plugin to style your menu. It's free and quite useful. Go the PL store.

#4 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Not sure if the plugin is available of the PL Lite edition.......

#5 cwith

cwith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

Ya I can't seem to find the simple css for the pl lite edition... Is there a way to do it sans css? Can I just add center tags to that code Mackenzie? And where is that code located, it doesn't seem to be in header.php... thanks again everyone

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

It isn't advisable to add code directly to any of the core files (this includes header.php) because you wouldn't be able to make theme updates. The changes you make to the files will be overwritten by any theme upgrade, which is why CSS would be the best option. The code isn't located in header.php, but in another template file. We can help you find the right custom CSS to use to center your menu and change its colors. If you haven't done so already, you should install Firebug for Firefox (http://getfirebug.com) and follow the instructions here for reference: http://www.pagelines...spection_Tools. If you nee further assistance, let us know.

#7 cwith

cwith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

Well I got firebug and located the style code for the menu. I don't think there is an option to change the menu color background, it is just transparently showing the page background color. Is there some code I can add to add a static background color to the menu buttons?

#8 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Simple CSS Lite works with the free version of PageLines also. http://www.pagelines...imple-css-lite/

#9 cwith

cwith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thank you for the info and plugin simple_mama!! It is just what I am looking for!!! Unfortunately, it's not showing up in my Pagelines settings.. I am aware that after activated, there should be a new option box added, but it is not. Is there some step I missed other than uploading it using wordpress, and activating? Thanks!

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:48 AM

Are you looking at the tabs in PageLines > Settings? (It should be the tab at the bottom)

#11 cwith

cwith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Ya, it is activated and still not showing up in the pagelines settings.

#12 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

@cwith you are using Platform theme. You need to install PageLines Framework. http://wordpress.org...hemes/pagelines

#13 cwith

cwith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Is there some easy way to port all of the work I've done on this theme over to the framework theme?

#14 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

If you're switching over from PlatformPro to Framework, please refer to this documentation: http://www.pagelines...rm_to_PageLines

#15 cwith

cwith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Thank you! I should have poked around the wiki a bit before asking so many questions

#16 cwith

cwith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

One more quick question to you folks, is it possible to easily move the call-to-action section to site on the right side of the logo/banner?