Photo
- - - - -

CATEGORY NAV BAR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 shanlarter

shanlarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

I want to SEE MY CATEGORY BAR and MOVE MY PAGES BAR to the top. How can I do this? It seems like the categories are only visible as a widget on the side... hard for visitors to understand how site is structured and where to go to find the info they are looking for. How can i move the current nav bar (listing pages) to the very top of the screen? How can i make a second nav bar (listing categories and their sub categories) below the header? AND Can I have MORE than ONE PAGE that accepts the 'recent posts'? Otherwise it seems like this theme is not a BLOG theme but really a WEBSITE theme with a built in BLOG PAGE format. THANKS soooooooo much for the HELP! :)

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

You can have multiple pages in the blog format. One main one that does all recent posts, then others that can be based on categories or tags if you like. Not sure why you'd want two "recent posts" pages as they would be the same thing? The main nav can be used to show just about any links, pages, cats, etc using the WordPress 3.0 menus panel. Creating a new menu all together in the top right would require hand coding however.

#3 shanlarter

shanlarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

Okay... So lets say I wanted a PAGE to have a few separate posts included in it, so when you hit the tab for that page, you will see multiple post excerpts underneath it. Looks like a blog, but the content is more static and linked directly to the page (and not rolling down like in recent posts, searchable only by category). Also what I wanted to do is to have a more PROMINENT DISPLAY of the categories for blog posts, which is why I was thinking a secondary top nav bar listing categories and sub categories for ease of use by the visitor. Are either of these two things possible with this theme? Thanks for your help Adam!! Shan

#4 shanlarter

shanlarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:02 AM

To be more clear, i would like the 'regular' and 'anticipated' blog function that people expect when reading a blog, where the 'most recent posts' show up on the main page, but then there is a prominent category bar, with categories and sub categories (dropping down) that help them to easily navigate to older posts BY category. So when you click on each category specific 'home page' you will see the posts, related to that category, in order of most recent to oldest, all one on top of the other Does that make sense? Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, Shan