• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emckenna730

emckenna730

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

***Hello, I am having trouble with getting my contact form to appear on my contact page. I am using the recommended Cforms. Any suggestions?*** I recently just posted this exact question and meant to hit "reject" to the answer. Unfortunately, I find that the thread no longer gets visited by moderators once this is clicked, so I am posting again. This is the unhelpful answer I received from simple-momma: "What are you using to insert the form? Are you clicking the "cforms" button within your post/page and then selecting the form you want to insert? If you are having further issues, I suggest you contact the plugin author at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

" This is not an acceptable answer for several reasons First, it was no form of help whatsoever. Yes, simple-momma, I am using the "cforms" button within my page. Secondly, I doubt it has something to do with the plugin that the author can help me with because this is a recommended Pagelines plugin. Therefore, I am *assuming* many other Pageline users are using this plugin just fine. I do not think the author of the plugin can help me with an issue with Pageline's interface and troubleshooting. Thirdly, I have unistalled and reinstalled my plugins and to no avail my contact form is not working. Further making me to believe that it is an issue with my Pageline settings, not wordpress or the plugin. Now, since I am using Pagelines with a recommended plugin, one is to *assume* that I do not have something set up correctly with my page settings, ie. templates, etc. This is why I am using the Pagelines forum. Do not pass this question off to another forum that could not help me in the slightest. Thank you, in advance for your help, I am looking forward to getting this issue resolved. Thank

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

The main point of my response was to ensure that you were inserting the form properly in your page. ;) To continue helping you, can you provide us with a link to the page the form should appear on? With that said, make sure you also have the "content" and "postloop" sections enabled for the page template or blog post (depending on which you're using for the contact page) in PageLines -> Templates. These items are both active by default but it is possible that you have deactivated them. It's hard to guess the reasons without seeing your site, but those are things to check.

#3 emckenna730

emckenna730

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

I just needed to enable the postloop section. Which I don't really get but it works nonetheless. Thanks!

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

The postloop is the content of each page and post, if that helps. :) Since your contact form is part of a page or post, it won't display if the postloop is not enabled.

#5 emckenna730

emckenna730

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Ok, great! That's good to know in the future when I start making more pages!