Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

More hooks issues..

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys, Does anyone know of a reason why I wouldn't be able to use both the hooks 'brandnav_after_brand' and 'brandnav_after_nav' at the same time? I'm trying to add both some text and some icons to my header section. Either of the hooks work on their own, but only the first will work if they are both there.. here's my code in functions.php:

add_action('brandnav_after_brand', 'add_text_to_brandnav');

// function name
		function add_text_to_brandnav(){
			?>

TELEPHONE: 0208 123 12345. EMAIL: INFO@LONDONLANDMARK.CO.UK
<?php } // end function add_action('brandnav_after_nav', 'social_icons'); // function name function social_icons(){ ?>
Linked In Twitter Facebook
<?php } // end function[/code]

My test site is: http://tinyurl.com/7rk7dqu Any help much appreciated! Many thanks, Joe.

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

By default, you can't use the same hook twice. If you want to use a hook to add your elements (whether it'd be links or images or text) to a certain portion of the page, you can add the content to that one hook instead of using two or more of the same hook to add your content. In your code, move the code for social icon links below the DIV layer code for the text in the hook at the top so that it looks like this (and then eliminate the second hook since it'll be useless/empty): [code]
TELEPHONE: 0208 123 12345. EMAIL: INFO@LONDONLANDMARK.CO.UK
[/code]

Posted · Report post

Of course! thanks Catrina.