Photo
- - - - -

Any way to get Grandchild Nav working in Pagelines Framework?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 artemesia66

artemesia66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

I really, really, need this in order to upgrade one of my sites. I tried putting require_once( PL_INCLUDES . '/config.widgets.php' ); in pagelines-customize/functions.php but that didn't work. What am I missing?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15825 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi, Would it be possible to provide more information please, as I don't quite understand what you're referring to when you say Grandchild nav ?

#3 artemesia66

artemesia66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

I'm trying to use the page lines grandchild nav widget that used to be included in Platform pro. In later versions of platform pro it had to be manually included (see here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

), which I did, using the base theme. Now in order to use it in PL Framework, I need to include it again, but putting the line of code in pagelines-customize/functions.php doesn't seem to work. The widget is still included in the PL Framework package (config.widgets.php), so I'm really, really hoping there's a way to get it to work. I still don't understand why it was removed in the first place--it isn't made redundant by WP3.0 menus. In order to duplicate what this widget does, I have to build and maintain 7 separate menus, and then find a widget that will swap them in and out on the appropriate pages and subpages.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15825 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hi, I have spoken to one of our developers and he has informed me that you would need to add the code in your first post to the child theme functions.php file and not the PageLines customisation plug-in. As it runs to late to register a widget.

#5 artemesia66

artemesia66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thanks, Danny for your help. How do I do that? I thought the Customization plug-in took the place of child themes.

#6 artemesia66

artemesia66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Never mind. I figured out how to install the child theme. Again, thank you so much. I can't tell you how much this helps me.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15825 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

No problem, happy to help.