Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any way to get Grandchild Nav working in Pagelines Framework?

Question

Posted · Report post

I really, really, need this in order to upgrade one of my sites. I tried putting require_once( PL_INCLUDES . '/config.widgets.php' ); in pagelines-customize/functions.php but that didn't work. What am I missing?

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi, Would it be possible to provide more information please, as I don't quite understand what you're referring to when you say Grandchild nav ?

Posted · Report post

I'm trying to use the page lines grandchild nav widget that used to be included in Platform pro. In later versions of platform pro it had to be manually included (see here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/9328/upgraded-and-lost-the-pagelines-pro-grandchild-nav/p1 ), which I did, using the base theme. Now in order to use it in PL Framework, I need to include it again, but putting the line of code in pagelines-customize/functions.php doesn't seem to work. The widget is still included in the PL Framework package (config.widgets.php), so I'm really, really hoping there's a way to get it to work. I still don't understand why it was removed in the first place--it isn't made redundant by WP3.0 menus. In order to duplicate what this widget does, I have to build and maintain 7 separate menus, and then find a widget that will swap them in and out on the appropriate pages and subpages.

Posted · Report post

Hi, I have spoken to one of our developers and he has informed me that you would need to add the code in your first post to the child theme functions.php file and not the PageLines customisation plug-in. As it runs to late to register a widget.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Danny for your help. How do I do that? I thought the Customization plug-in took the place of child themes.

Posted · Report post

Never mind. I figured out how to install the child theme. Again, thank you so much. I can't tell you how much this helps me.

Posted · Report post

No problem, happy to help.