Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The baffling case of how to save changes in CForm

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

OK, so this may well be a completely dumb question, but I've installed CFormsII per the guide suggestions. But if I go to the Form Settings page in the Dashboard, I can make any changes I want, but I can't find anything resembling a "Save Changes" button. So, what incredibly obvious thing am I missing that'll allow me to make changes in the form settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

I think its in the drop down on the right hand side. Just expand it.. its the thing that moves with the page.. .(I dont agree with that design decision either :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

OK, continuing to prove that I'm either blind (or this only works on a Mac), um, could you throw up a screen shot and show me where this thing that moves with the page is? I looked all over and didn't see it. I know it's not really your job, but I just can't let a Save button beat me down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

haha. Here is a screenshot: 0mjjH.png see where is says: 'update settings'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Weird. I don't get that at all. And, thinking perhaps it was another Mac-guy thing, I even loaded the admin dashboard on my Mac in both Firefox and Safari (yes, I recognize the sacrifice I made!). Seriously, that doesn't show. That entire Admin Actions block doesn't show. I know it's a plugin, and not your problem, but it's definitely strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

David, I actually get the same problem. Mine shows up at the very end of the cforms admin page. Look to see if its there for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

OK, I reinstalled Cform and now it works. The difference is I unzipped Cform on the server and copied the files in and it didn't work. This time I used WinRAR and unRAR'd the files, and then FTP'd them to the server. I'm guessing it was some sort of weirdness with file naming, probably because Mac weenies made the plugin and like most stuff from the Mac guys, it's completely untested for the real world. Heh. That should rile some of you up. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites