• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 briane@centerpointnh.org

briane@centerpointnh.org

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

Greetings. I am using v4.2.6 of iBlogPro. This week our host provider had to block our website because a process (probably from a bad plugin) was hitting our database beyond limits. After we were able to get the block removed and the site online, only one of the feature sliders will display on the home page. I tried adding a new feature and it wouldn't appear. If I updated all of them to DRAFT status and then changed one back to published, it would show up. If I tried changing any other one (to make two rotating sliders), still only one would show up. I have been unsuccessful restoring the feature slider to the five features that I had running previously. The website is www.centerpointnh.org. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

Do you know exactly what the host provider did when blocking your site? Did they tell you any details about why they had to block your site? The cause of the issue may lie somewhere in there.

#3 briane@centerpointnh.org

briane@centerpointnh.org

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

No, but I've taken your suggestion and sent them an inquiry. I will post their reply. A short history: one of our domains (a Wordpress site supporting our student ministries) apparently had a runaway process consuming resources against the database. Hostgator did what they needed to do to place a block and protect other sites on the shared server. But the block included all three of our domains (primary, student, and a DEV site.) WHen the block was lifted, the Feature banner no longer worked beyond one slider. Odd. I'll see what I can find out. Thanks for your question.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi Briane, I think contacting your host is the best course of action, however would it be possible to disable all active plug-ins too and see if this resolves the issue.

#5 briane@centerpointnh.org

briane@centerpointnh.org

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thank you Catrina and Danny for your suggestions. In a follow up with Hostgator they investigated and determined that caching was corrupted. I have resolved the issue and everything is working. Thanks very much.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Glad you got this solved!