• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 joshlangley

joshlangley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

I am having a strange CSS issue in a site I am currently building and I am hoping someone here can help. I only see this issue in Firefox (strangely enough; Chrome, Safari, and IE all work fine). I am using the Feature slider below my main content area in Pagelines Pro and in FF it is kicking way out to the right (out past the main content and right sidebar). This is especially noticeable on large monitors (screenshot of my large monitor view in FF here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

). The URL to the site is

I tried changing the #feature_slider {position:absolute;} and that helped in FF, but it blew things up in IE, Chrome, and Safari, so I'm hoping there is a better solution since I've tested what I have now in all browsers across all OS's and FF seems to be the only one having issues. Thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

Do you have any other custom CSS in your Custom CSS section right now? If so, can you please paste it here (it doesn't have to do with the feature slider)?

#3 joshlangley

joshlangley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

Sure thing. Thanks for the help.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

There doesn't appear to be anything in your code that may be causing the issue. Can you try deactivating your active plugins to see if the feature slider behaves?

#5 joshlangley

joshlangley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

Looks like it's the "Artiss YouTube Embed" plugin. I am using that one all over the place and I haven't found a suitable replacement (it has features like retrieving video thumbnails). Any ideas on how to get it to play nice with Pagelines?

#6 joshlangley

joshlangley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

Here is the code that plugin inserts. I don't see anything wrong here, so there must be something in the iframe itself. I think there is a way to switch to a non-iframe player. I will try that out.

#7 joshlangley

joshlangley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

I switched the plugin to use Object embedding instead of iframes, but that didn't work. Here is the resulting code:

#8 joshlangley

joshlangley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

I haven't had any luck. If anyone else figures anything out, let me know.

#9 joshlangley

joshlangley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

As a test, I removed the Artiss YouTube plugin and used the built-in WordPress YouTube embedding and the same behavior occurs, so I think this is Pageline conflict with YouTube. Any help? I may need to start a new thread since I accepted an answer in this one already.