Global removal of text-shadow?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 slingr

slingr

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

What's the easiest to remove ALL of the default text shadow settings in PL Framework? Or do I have to reset every individual selector where it appears? Specifically I need to get rid of it in the Features text. Thanks.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Have you updated to the latest version of PageLines? They removed the text-shadow from most items. If any are left over, just leave a link to your site and we can help remove any stragglers.

#3 slingr

slingr

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Yes, I'm using 2.1.3. When you say "most items," is there not documentation on what was changed and what wasn't? Or is it just hit-or-miss? I'm hoping this can be changed for all features and not on a feature-by-feature basis.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Steve, I'm not sure this will answer your questions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There should also be a changelog in the updated files. I think the changes can be applied via Dashboard > PageLines > Meta, which are the global settings. I can't say whether you might need to apply them individually as I haven't discussed this with Simon at present. As soon as I do, I'll gladly update you.

#5 slingr

slingr

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

I see nothing in the changelog or in the Meta settings that deal with text shadowing and other text decorations in the Features. I may be using "text shadow" too generically as the specific decoration I'm trying to get rid of is black 'outline" of the tops of the individual text characters. It's very problematic with the color combo I'm using.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

I think it may be something in the CSS, but I'll let Robert get back to you on that after he discusses it with Simon.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Steve, I think the shadow may get embedded in your database for some elements. Have you tried changing the font temporarily to something else, saving the settings, then converting it back? That might reset the database without the shadow as the new settings will not include it. That's just a personal opinion and suggestion, not Simon's. Alternatively, CSS might be needed to globally remove the text shadows (that is per Simon). If you can provide me with a link to one of the pages of your site with shadowed text, we'll try to formulate a solution ASAP!

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#9 slingr

slingr

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Changing the font back and forth didn't affect anything, but the css works. Thanks.