Photo
- - - - -

Can I make the whole Feature slide as a link?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hi,

Is there some way I could make the whole Feature slide as a link. At the moment I have links set into the Read More -buttons, but I'd like for the whole Feature slide to be the link to that particular page or article.

My page is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

-Salt

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

You can use the full image option and it will link to whatever URL you set.

#3 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

Thank you for the answer simple_mama! The only problem with that option is that the text box disappears. I can of course add the texts straight to the image, but it would be more convenient to have both, so the whole image as link and a overlayed semitransparent text box to add descriptions. Can you alert the developers to add a feature like this to the upcoming versions of PLFW. -Salt

#4 _jan_

_jan_

• Members

• 23 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

I too am interested in linking the whole feature slide in "text on left|right|bottom" mode, not only in full-width background mode. I know one could create the slide in gimp or photoshop and go full-width background, however I like the convenience of using the feature editor to set the text of the features. Perhaps we could accomplish that with a custom funcion? Has anybody ideas?

#5 mary_servello@nps.gov

mary_servello@nps.gov

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Has anyone come up with a simple solution to do this in PageLines 2.x?

#6 whainc

whainc

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hi - I would also love to have the functionality of a fully clickable feature slider with title and text. It seems like an odd oversight, especially for small screens when the More button doesn't fit on the slider! I found a reference to this tutorial from PageLines forum in 2011:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I tried it but it didn't work for me (in fact, I temporarily broke my site adding code to functions.php). I don't know PHP at all however so maybe someone with some PHP experience could chime in?