Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I make the whole Feature slide as a link?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, Is there some way I could make the whole Feature slide as a link. At the moment I have links set into the Read More -buttons, but I'd like for the whole Feature slide to be the link to that particular page or article. My page is www.luominen.fi Thanks in advance for any help on this! -Salt

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I too am interested in linking the whole feature slide in "text on left|right|bottom" mode, not only in full-width background mode. I know one could create the slide in gimp or photoshop and go full-width background, however I like the convenience of using the feature editor to set the text of the features. Perhaps we could accomplish that with a custom funcion? Has anybody ideas?

Posted · Report post

Thank you for the answer simple_mama! The only problem with that option is that the text box disappears. I can of course add the texts straight to the image, but it would be more convenient to have both, so the whole image as link and a overlayed semitransparent text box to add descriptions. Can you alert the developers to add a feature like this to the upcoming versions of PLFW. -Salt

Posted · Report post

Hi - I would also love to have the functionality of a fully clickable feature slider with title and text. It seems like an odd oversight, especially for small screens when the More button doesn't fit on the slider! I found a reference to this tutorial from PageLines forum in 2011: http://adammunns.com/create-a-fullwidth-clickable-feature-slider/ I tried it but it didn't work for me (in fact, I temporarily broke my site adding code to functions.php). I don't know PHP at all however so maybe someone with some PHP experience could chime in?

Posted · Report post

You can use the full image option and it will link to whatever URL you set.

Posted · Report post

Has anyone come up with a simple solution to do this in PageLines 2.x?