Banner CSS to Extend across x-axis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrjarbenne

mrjarbenne

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

I've uploaded a banner on my Pagelines Framework blog which is floating nicely in the centre of the site, but I would like to repeat a small portion of it along the x-axis in order for the banner to seemingly travel across the entire browser window regardless of the size of the monitor or browser window. You can see the site here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. As you can see, if I could take 10px width of the right-hand side of that banner and have it repeating behind the banner, it would look like the banner wraps the entire width of the site.

Thoughts?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

Maybe I'm not understanding what exactly you're trying to achieve. Would it be possible to put together some kind of simple mock-up with labels showing what you'd like (or better yet, provide a link to an example)?

#3 mrjarbenne

mrjarbenne

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:40 AM

I left this far too long (too many projects on the go), but if you're still willing to help @catrina the header image on bbpress.org does a nice job of this. It's this image:

that I want to repeat on the x-axis on this site:

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hi,

You can add the code below to your custom CSS but you will need to increase the image size slightly, you will see what I mean when you add the code and refresh your page.