• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 212 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

I'm having problems trying to change the widths of the 3 morefooter columns. I've changed the widget text widths but this isn't changing the actual column width, I need the first column to be narrower so that the middle column moves to the left. The text has been adjusted using the following:

#text-2 {width: 230px; margin-right:0px;padding-right:0px;}
#text-3 {width: 500px;}
#text-4 {width: 250px;}

There seems to be spacing on the right of the first column that is pushing the middle column further to the right.

Site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm using firebug and have tried to find how to change this but everything I've tried hasn't worked. Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Tracy.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hi Tracy.

You cannot change the width of the columns independently. Not the optimal option, I know.

You set the width with:

What you could do is move the column that you want larger to the end and see how that works. :)

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Also, for feature requests, feel free to make your submission at

#4 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 212 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Thanks so much, I'd been going round in circles with this. That did help moving the larger text widget to the end but it's still not quite right and from what you've said not possible to do. I know I've done it in Platform Pro in the past so it's a bit fustrating that we can't in Pagelines Framework so thanks for the prompt I will add it as a feature request. In the meantime I think I'm going to change to using a 4 column footer rather than 3 column morefooter to improve how it looks. Thanks again, Tracy.

#5 MissT

MissT

• Members

• 212 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

In case anyone else is having problems with this... In the end I changed to a 4 column footer rather than using the morefooter and then had a similar problem aligning the columns with the content above. I managed to get round this by putting the widget titles in the actual widget text area (and removing the title) and then adding individual classes for the title and text for each footer widget in the widget text itself. That way in the CSS I could change the padding on each of the 4 widget titles and text independently of each other to make them align how I wanted. Eg of widget code: Eg of CSS: .footer-title1 {padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px;} .footer-title2 {padding: 15px 0px 15px 6px;} .footer-title3 {padding: 15px 0px 15px 13px;} .footer-text1 {padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 10px;} .footer-text2 {padding-left: 6px; padding-right: 10px;} .footer-text3 {padding-left: 14px; padding-right: 10px;} .footer-text4 {padding-top: 25px; padding-left: 44px; padding-right: 0px; margin-right: 0px;} Hope this helps somebody out there! :)