Photo
- - - - -

Bug in Framework 2.1.2? WP Admin now completely broken.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland
  • Framework Version:2.1.6 to 2.4.4

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

I was working on my site last night when I noticed that in the Admin section there was a message saying Framework 2.1.2 was available and that I should upgrade. As the site is in development (not live) I did.

While the site seems to still work ok from a browsing perspective I can't logon anymore. I get this error every time:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/informat/public_html/ipkc/wordpress/wp-admin/includes/menu.php on line 126

Is there a way to get back to 2.1.1 using FTP or other method? I'm meant to have a meeting with the client tonight.

The site is at:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It'll prompt for a user / pass as it's not live:

User: pagelines
Pass: frameworkbug

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

You host has restricted your account to 32M of memory. You could downgrade but it would make little difference if any. How many plugins do you have activated?

#3 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

Surely that is not the problem? It's not like the hosting company did this last night. The only other plugin I have activated is (possibly) a contact us one - and that works fine too. Surely there is a way to roll back the change as this update did break a site that up till this point was working fine. Failing that, how much memory should I tell my host to allow for? Also, I don't see how I can re-start the process seeing as I can't get into my site admin. Presuming I can't how do I UNDO the changes made. This is a real problem, caused by the update.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

The update would not have caused it. Here is the profiler output for the PageLines admin page:

As you can see, its well below 32M anyway.

Sometimes you can increase the memory using .htaccess or wp-config.php see

#5 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'll try what you suggest - thanks for that. But just to be clear - the update absolutely did cause it. It happened at exactly that time - during the update process.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Fixing the value will solve the issue. Let us know if you continue to have problems. 128M or 256M is recommended.

#7 daragh

daragh

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Ok, some good news, some not so good. Firstly, thank you, my hosting provider has temporarily upped the memory limit to 64MB. All works. However, they want the site to go to a VPS if this memory requirement is permanent. Which adds considerable expense [and is not up to me]. Is there a way to safely downgrade to 2.1.1. as we've had absolutely no issue with that / memory usage over the past 8 weeks....

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

email me simon @ pagelines.com and i will send you the older version.