• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

Hi, I have noticed that one of my plugin's shortcode doesn't work if used in the contentbox. To be more precise, its a price calculator and it displays fine, it just doesn't calculate. It works great in normal post body. Now, I know that it is supposed to, as I tried another one (contact form) and it did work fine, it sent my message. I am about to contact the plugin developer, but before I do that, I would like to ask here first: what should I tell him about to make it easy to him to understand what exactly I am asking/requesting and what he should have a look on to make the plugin fully compatible with Pagelines. Can be just a few extra lines in the plugin's script, I have no idea. I count on the developers here to give me some basic tech terms and phrases that explain the situation and I can pass them to him so that he can include that in the next update. Thanks!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

To clarify: By content box, what do you mean exactly? Are you referring to the HTML Editor or Visual Editor in the post or page editor or another type of text box in the settings?

#3 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

Hi Catrina, I mean the section that is called ContentBox and is available from the Store

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The plugin guy might figure it out himself, but if Pagelines could give some simple instructions to him what to check out that would certainly speed up the process. Im thinking like: this is a blabla type module and its based on blabla so you should use blabla. Otherwise all I can tell him is: 'your plugin doesnt work with my theme', and I would like to be more constructive.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

Where are you placing the contentbox section? Shortcodes work no problem in the contentbox as it uses the_content() to display whatever you add to it.

#5 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

I am placing it on a page, not sure if I can place it anywhere else? I have dragged and dropped the section in the template setup panel into Pages Templates/Template|default, then I have set it up on the page in question in the meta settings. I put the shortcode into the 'Content Box Content' area in the meta settings. The calculator shows up but doesn'y operate. If I put the same code into the normal visual/html editing area of the page where the content normally goes, it works fine.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

May we have a link to the particular page where this plugin's shortcode is placed?

#7 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

Hi rangelone, Link below. The first calculator (top center, bit long as intended to be a sidebar) is a normal page 'content', the second one (bottom left) is in a ContentBox, both by inserting the same shortcode. First works, second doesnt. I am not sure what you can figure out by having a look (which is the reason why I havent posted a link ), but thank you for your help. My original request/question was simpler I believe, but if you could suggest a solution for the problem that would be even better :)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Perhaps two calculators cannot be added in the same page. If you haven't gotten in touch with the plugin creator yet, perhaps you should ask if more than one calculator can be added to the same page.

#9 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

Thank you Catrina, but it doesnt work with one calculator on the page either, if that calculator is in a ContentBox.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi, I think the best course of action would be to contact the plug-in author, have him investigate the issue and then report back here with his findings.

#11 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hi Danny, Yes, for sure I will let him know about this, that is an obvious thing to do, I just thought that it is easier for him if he knows what to watch, as he may not know Pagelines, but you developer guys know all about it, so would be able to give some tips. I don't even know what to tell him to be honest, how to describe the problem, but he might be able to figure out by a mysterious way :) Thanks anyway, will report back.

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

You can tell him you're trying to add the plugin to a content section, but not the sidebar and that it's not working in a second iteration. Show him the same link you provided me earlier. I'm not sure how you managed to get two content areas and the same plugin to appear twice, once left once centered. Have you tried just adding the plugin to a text widget inside a regular sidebar?

#13 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hi rangelone, Yes, I will show him the page thanks. I dont think it is difficult to display two copies of the same plugin on one page, I tried to do that with Contact Form 7 and both forms showed up fine. Those two calculators on my page: first one is centered with html, second one is floated left with css.

#14 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

Let us know what the plugin creator says about the shortcodes. Perhaps his insight would be very helpful since I'm not sure what the issue could be. :