Feature Update

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 indakno

indakno

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

I've been waiting on a update to the feature section for a while now. Before this new "Framework" version, my "Platform Pro" edition had the ability to control the feature per post. In each post, there was an area where you could control the feature, the thumbnail feature, where the title showed up (left, right, bottom) and many of the options that are available in the stand alone feature section. This was critical to a person that wanted to show multiple post features on the front page of their site. You can't do that now. And when you do select post category, there is no option to control how each featured post is show. This is very critical to my site without going through 100 plugins and configuring one to do the same thing Platform Pro used to do before the upgrade to Framework. I've made this post several times and either the person responding has no idea what I'm talking about, they try to tell me to use the site as is or wait for an upgrade. My thing is this. The site clearly gives you the ability to use it as post, but despite the fact that I can't use the feature like I used to in Platform Pro, when I choose post, it only shows 1 post and does not change (fade, slide, etc.). So there is clearly a bug in the features anyway. PLEASE can someone tell the developer to just add the same option that was in Platform Pro for the feature section. When I went back to Platform Pro to see if that option was still there, they have changed it there also. It's like that whole option is gone. HELP

#2 indakno

indakno

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

I have set up my page to show features. I have set my feature to show posts. When I go to that particular post, there is no option to modify how the feature shows on my home page. And the feature section inside of the meta section on the post page is only for features shown on that post page. Not on the home page.

#3 indakno

indakno

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

In the link that you provided, in the older version of this template, those CSS options were a part of the feature section within the post. I am using all posts and only one post shows and the text position is screwed up. Please take a look. www.indakno.com/atlanta. It's the second feature section.

#4 indakno

indakno

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Also, in the link you provided, it is only addressing the posts per page and not per post. Each post used to have the individual option to control the feature on the home page. If I wanted one feature text to show on the right and the next to show on the left and the next to show on the bottom, and the next to show an image only, I could do that. That is what I am looking for.

#5 indakno

indakno

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Obviously, I'm not being understood. My pages are static and there is nothing customized about my features. Thank you for your help anyway.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

Do you need further assistance with this issue?

#7 MrFent

MrFent

Advocate

• Members

• 261 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:21 AM

indakno, I understand what you are asking, and the simple matter of the truth is that this is not currently a function of the PageLines Framework. I do not know if this functionality will be added, as I am not a developer.