Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My first hack! All .php files effected. Help...

Question

Posted · Report post

Wheeeee! So I've been hacked by a .ru redirect bot. Joy of Joys. Apparently all .php files were modified with in a 5 minute period last Tuesday. I'm willing to take the time to manually restore things as my last back up is old-ish. What are the files that are most critical to my PageLines and WordPress install/layout that SHOULDN'T be obliterated by a clean install and edited manually? Thanks in advance...

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Were there any customizations you made using the Pagelines Customize plugin? If so, perhaps you should save those files so you don't have to make the customizations again.

Posted · Report post

What are those files called so I can copy them?

Posted · Report post

They exist only if you're using the Pagelines Customize plugin. Included should be a style.css file and functions.php file (located in the pagelines-customize folder in the plugins directory).

Posted · Report post

I've been manually editing .php files for days. I hope I found the worm file that rewrote them all....

Posted · Report post

Hi Robbin, If you've been hacked then I highly recommend you start from fresh just to be on the safe side, rather than edit the files manually. Also, who is your host ?