Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Framework Version:Pagelines v2.4.3 and DMS

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hi! I stumbled across this wonderful plugin, Cform

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

When i bought page line I thought that it would be integrated with Wordpress so that it would not generate unnecessary conflicts, I know that some plugins can behave strange with each other, how ever I thought this would be safe with Page Line. If someone could look at this to sites. It is the exact same form on both sites. How ever on one of the sites page line is NOT installed. The one that is installed with page line is pehjaproduktion, the other one is not. As you can see the forms look different. The default is on habobigband. This is how it it supposed to look.

This is with page line and NOT how it should look

Does anyone have any Ideas of what is wrong, or where I can look to get it straight. I have several sites and it is the same with all of them. The ones with Page Line down not work properly. But all the others does. Thanks for any help i can get!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Peter, Likely, there is a plugin conflict creating a CSS error that cForm picks up. If you have any plugins installed on

then deactivate them temporarily and refresh your browser. If you go to Dashboard > Pagelines > Welcome and scroll down, you will see that cForms is one of our favorite plugins. It has been tested with PageLines Framework, so I believe this is a conflict. If the problem resolves itself with the plugins deactivated, reactivate them one at a time, to find which plugin is causing the issue. Once you find it, then you'll be able to replace that one.

#3 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Ok, thanks rangelone. I will try that. It's just that it behaves like that on all my sites with Page line.. and the plugins are different on all the sites. But i will start with this one.

#4 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

No it was not that. I deactivated all the plugins. (even Cform) then I activated only Cform but still the same result.. I emptied the cashe as well. Any other suggestion.

#5 jerthomp

jerthomp

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Peter, there are form entries in the base style.css file that PageLines uses which interferes with the styling provided by cforms. There is unfortunately no easy way to fix it, especially since we are not supposed to directly edit style.css. What I ended up doing to fix this problem is to add new CSS rules to the "Custom Code" section for the attributes that were causing the problems. That Custom Code section takes precedence over all other CSS files, so you can override the interfering properties. However, two warnings: 1. There are a LOT of properties to edit if you want it to look like the original cforms version. I had to make a compromise and work with a cform style that was a little more PageLines friendly. The ones with the labels to the left of the boxes are particularly problem-prone. 2. Changes to Custom Code are sitewide so any objects that also use those properties elsewhere will be affected. I found that using Firebug was the easiest way to determine which properties I needed to manually adjust.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

Peter, jerthomp's insight about Firebug is very true. If you need assistance with it, we can guide you.

#7 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thanks both jerthhomp and catrina, and yes I would like help.. However I think this is strange, as Ragelone mentioned this plugin is something that PageLine have been trying to implement into there product and I can find it as a recommended plugin inside PageLine. It seems somewhat strange that the default stile in Cform should not work ?. So I would hope that someone from Pageline could comment on this.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'm not certain about the details regarding the plugin, but I'm sure someone else from PageLines has more insight.

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Could you tell us exactly what you don't like about the way the form is appearing?

#10 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

HI Jenny! Yes, I would like it to look like it should. As you can se from my two examples above e.g. 1. The box is larger. 2. The text "(required)" is not read. 3. The text "My Fieldset" is not shown at all. Its just plain ugly. I like it the default way. But most of all I don't like the fact that I can't relay on it to look the way it was supposed to do. Regardless the appereance. I am NOT god at CSS. I am a designer not a programer. So when I find something I like, I want it to look that way. When the software fail, I am lost. That sad. I can do some CSS, and html. And what I can't understand i find out eventually.

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

1. Are you referring to the box surrounding the form?

2. Add this code to Custom Code > Custom CSS to change the "required" text to red:

3. Where exactly is this text supposed to appear in the form?

#12 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Thanks Catrina. But i would rather know way the form look different i PageLine. You can see both forms in the original post. They should look exactly the same without having to tamper with the css. I'm really grateful for all the help you are giving me. But at the same time surprised that you do not see the difference.

#13 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Sorry for the misspelling.. it should be why...

#14 cptnemo

cptnemo

• Members

• 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hi Pehja, Take a look at gravity forms. I use it for all my sites because its so easy to set up. But its not free. Works well with Pagelines.

#15 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hmm.. Thanks cptnemo! Looks like I can use this instead. I'm not worrying about the pricing. Thought cform was perfect. Could do so much with it. But i will certainly look into gravity forms.

#16 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

Do you need further assistance with the form you have or will you be using Gravity Forms instead?

#17 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hi Peter, The reason for the slightly different style is that PageLines comes with CSS that styles forms, which is making changes to the 2012 theme for cFormsII. If you wish to continue using cForms (which I don't really recommend as I personally find it rather ugly) you will need to comment out the CSS for forms in style.css in your pagelines theme folder. However, for contact forms, I recommend the following: Premium Form plug-ins: Gravity Forms -

JigoWatt AJAX Contact Forms -

Free plug-ins: Grunion contact forms -

#18 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Gravity Forms looked good but was expensive. I am not sure how much I will be needing it. IF we could get Cform to behave as it should, I would be glad to continuing using that one instead.

#19 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

OK Thanks Danny for a proper answer. If I comment out the css styles in Pageline. It will effect the rest of the theme as well. I agree that the corm look ugly with PageLine. But without it, it looks great. :-) I thought Gravity forms looked good. Catrina, lets leave it at that. Thanks for your effort!

#20 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Danny! There are a lot of lines with "forms" in the style.css Which one is it ? Forms and input or forms/contact etc. And isn't it already commented out ? /* * @ Forms and Inputs ****************************************/ input{ font-size:110%; font-size-adjust:none; font-stretch:normal; font-style:normal; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:normal; padding: 5px; } input:focus{ outline: none; } input::-moz-focus-inner { border: 0; } input[type="text"]{ max-width: 600px; } textarea { font-size:110%; border-color:transparent; border-style:solid; border-width:1px; padding: 5px; width: 96%; max-width: 600px; display: block; }