Photo
- - - - -

How do I made my Navigation land all on one line?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jkegley

jkegley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

My Navigation bar is split in a very unappealing way into two lines. I would like it to be one line. How do I accomplish this task? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. My website is www.wicklessscentsation.com

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

You have two choices: 1. Select a narrower font (but this isn't the best choice) 2. Reduce the words and use sub-nav, where the menus drop down related choices. Long phrases, such as "My Team Resources" make perfect sense, but they push the next menu items to the point where they wrap. Thus the solution is to reduce the phrases to one word, allowing the menu to appear on one line. Note: the sub-nav items are normally wider, so you can put the phrases in there with no problems.

#3 jkegley

jkegley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Your observations make sense. However, I tried making my primary menus shorter so that they would all fit. It would require that I abbreviate everything which I am not willing to do. I see page samples in the "Pagelines Showcase" that have longer and more menu options than me all on one line. How do I adjust the space between menu options? Also, where would I go to change the font and/or font size as you suggested?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Do you have Firebug for Firefox? That lets you inspect each element and shows the relevant CSS, which you can then test and later add to your CSS Rules. You can widen your site's layout, but it's on one line now. Looks much better.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

This might help:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 jkegley

jkegley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thank you that worked beautifully. Now I just have a few more tweaks to figure out on the nav bar. Can you tell me how I change the order and the font for my navigation options? I looked through the options in Wordpress-Pagelines-Topography and none of them relate to the menu options. I can't find anything that looks like it manages the order of pages in the nav. Again, thank you so much for your quick and useful answers. You have made my day.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

Can you open a new topic on those other issues as the issue you opened is now resolved.