Where are all my page templates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jonpetty

jonpetty

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

Hi- I'm new to pagelines. When I am on my pages, I only have options to select template 1, template 2 and so on to 5. How come I can't see the blog post, blog, 404 and other templates from the drop down menu while they are visible in the template area of the theme. How about a video or docs? Thanks Jon

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

Are you looking at the Templates settings under the PageLines tab on your Dashboard?

#3 jonpetty

jonpetty

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

yes,I see all the templates in the pagelines template tab, but when I am on a page and click on the template in the page attributes only the templates 1-5 are available in the dropdown. There is no blog, 404, blog post template or other available.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hi, The docs are located at http://www.pagelines.com/wiki The reason you only see Default and templates 1 to 5 is that those apply to pages you can design. The others are dynamic pages which Wordpress generates in coordination with PageLines Framework. For example, a 404 page is dynamically generated when someone finds a missing page. By using Dashboard > PageLines > Templates, you can add whatever sections you wish to appear on the 404 page, lay it out and structure it as desired, but because you would never add a 404 to a page, like an article or an author's bio, there's no need for the 404 template to appear in setting up the page. The blog page, being a dynamic list of posts only needs sections too, but you wouldn't write your own content to the page. if you did, Wordpress would stop posts from being listed. These things are all precautionary against anyone making a series of mistakes with their site, thus ensuring you have a professional site quite easily designed. Each of the templates, as you know, can be customized with drag and drop sections and elements that make it simple to get the look you want, quickly, safely and efficiently.

#5 jonpetty

jonpetty

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

thanks exactly what I needed to know, great explanation.