7 replies to this topic

#1 flidget

flidget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hi,

DLGuard is the Premier product for securing digital downloads and membership sites. It has deep integration with the likes of GetResponse and Aweber plus Google+, PayPal and many other Payment Processors.

It takes care of product setup, product sales, payments, mailing lists and controlled access for viewing and downloading.

The problem is that its sophistication is deeply rooted in traditional HTML sites, requiring PHP to be executed at display time - not something that is easy to do in WordPress!

Does anyone have any ideas for integrating with DLGuard - could be as simple as a Child Theme, or as complex as a new Section or Plug-in.

Thanks,
Neil.
DLGuard:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hi Neil, I've never heard of this product before and I cant find anything about integrating it into Wordpress. However, have you thought about aMember? I've used it personally and it has integration with Wordpress for protecting your content, menu items and comes with some nice widgets.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 flidget

flidget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Thanks Danny, I'll take a look at amember, but if you already have DLGuard, you will want to protect your investment. Do you know if this works with Framework 2.0 - do you use it? Generally I wouldn't expect anyone from the WordPress world to have come across DLGuard, it's been around since 2004 and is a very robust and trusted product.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hi Flidget, I've never even heard of DLGuard before, if you can't integrate it with Wordpress then it won't work with PageLines.

#5 flidget

flidget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hi Danny, My post was to invite suggestions as to how to integrate it. You can integrate it with Wordpress by adding include statements into header.php. Maybe in this new "Framework" there is a neat way of doing this sort of thing? Neil.

#6 flidget

flidget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Here are a couple of example statements to add to header.php: This will add the membership protection defined in DLGuard as membership package 1 to the whole site. --snip-- $pathToDLG = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/dlg/"; $dlgMemberGroup = "1"; include ($pathToDLG."members/dlgmembers.php"); --snip-- This next statement does the same thing but only for items with a category of "members". --snip-- if (eregi("members", $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) { $pathToDLG = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/dlg/"; $dlgMemberGroup = "1"; include ($pathToDLG."members/dlgmembers.php"); } --snip-- Does this give a better idea of what's maybe involved? Neil.

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

Sorry, I'm not experienced enough in PHP to assess what's involved in this integration. Perhaps someone else will have insight.

#8 flidget

flidget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi Danny, I've finished looking at aMember - it looks perfect! Obviously they are in the throws of a significant overhaul and I will not get any Aweber integration in v4.0 at the moment, but the rest looks very solid. I've already purchased and seen it working with Framework 2.0 styling - so far so good. Many thanks. Neil.