Feature backgrounds flaking out randomly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rwmacdonald

rwmacdonald

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hi, feature slider backgrounds in Pagelines Framework 2 sometimes (most of the time) don't display. I have one set with 7 slides, and one set with 2. It seems totally random--for instance, I'll load one page, ALL slides might display fine, forced or with set display times of at least 6000ms... but then I'll select another or cycle to an empty black slide. Or sometimes, it's the first or second slide that malfunctions. Admittedly, the background photos I'm 'featuring' on the main page are not the ones that will be in use for the finished site (they're from the old website), but the two shots of the bathroom on the 'Library' page are crisp and clear when they work. I disabled ALL plugins and the child theme "Ignite". Pagelines seems to be auto-updating fine, and I'm using the latest WP 3. I haven't changed any css, php, or other under-the-hood settings. I even considered whether my graphic editor was malfunctioning, but I used different programs with different OSes years apart for some of the shots. Thanks to disabling plugins, there are now a couple of exposed shortcodes from 'ultimate shortcodes' that I was fooling with, but as it's disabled they shouldn't affect anything--besides this was an issue well before I installed that plugin. Any ideas what's wrong? Here's the dev server I'm using; marvel at the excessive prose if you like. At the moment, there are feature sliders on the main page and under Rooms->The Library.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks, -Ross

#2 joe_steer

joe_steer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hi Ross, I guess you're using chrome on a mac to view your site? if so see this thread:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Joe (pagelines user)

#3 rwmacdonald

rwmacdonald

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

That might just be what's causing it. Thanks!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

Do you need further assistance?

#5 rwmacdonald

rwmacdonald

• Members
  • 5 posts