Customise the Navigation Images

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mike.bullen@eurisko.com.au

mike.bullen@eurisko.com.au

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

Hello, I'm building the website www.sydneyhammers.com.au and am having issues around customising the menu. If you have a look you'll see that I have customised the 'nav-bg-black.png' menu with a Claret and Blue nav bar and I have customised the "navdivider-black.png" The two issues that I'm having and I can't seem to resolve are: 1) On Roll Over the menu turns black - how do I change the css code to change the colour? i.e from #000 to anything else? 2) If you click on one of the nav items 'Over a pint or two' for example, the nav item now changes to a blue bar with a grey line. How do I change the css code to change that? is it an image reference or a css code change? i.e from #000 to anything else? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks MIKE

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hi Mike, Do you have any plug-ins related to navigation at all ? Also can you disable all active plug-ins and reply when you have done. So we can take a closer look. As I cant seem to find where the black hover is coming from.

#3 mike.bullen@eurisko.com.au

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hi Danny, Thanks for getting in touch. I've disabled the following plug-ins: Akismet 2.5.5 Contact Form 7 3.1.1 Hello Dolly 1.6 Wordbooker 2.1.6

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

It appears to be coming from a file on your install called color_black.css. I don't know where this file comes from though (perhaps from a plugin). Maybe if a navigation hover property were adjusted in that file, the black would go away.

#5 mike.bullen@eurisko.com.au

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:55 AM

Hi Catrina, Thanks for your help. You were right as the black nav was controlled by the file color_black.css which was under the iBlogpro/pro/css folder. Thanks for your help on that one!! Any ideas on question 2 (blue / grey bar) Thanks! MIKE

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Same file (color_black.css), this section:

#nav .current_page_item a, #nav .current_page_item a:hover, #nav .current_page_ancestor a, #nav .current_page_ancestor a:hover {
	    background: url("../images/nav-sprite-black.png") repeat-x scroll 0 -72px #2A2A2A;
	}

nav-sprite-black.png is actually the blue image (which I assume you overwrote since it's blue and not black).

#7 mike.bullen@eurisko.com.au

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Perfect! Thank you all so much for your help on this!! MIKE