• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jsstusontradingcom

jsstusontradingcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

How do I give either the Feature icon or the Feature box title (or both)a URL link? For instance, on my website, www.novelkitchens.com I would like to make the icon for "Kitchens"a link to the kitchen page. Thanks!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

In your Feature Box settings (under EcoPro > Feature Setup on your Dashboard) there isn't a setting for adding a link to either the icon or the title, so you may need to do it manually using code. This'll require that you create a child theme based on your EcoPro theme and edit the necessary file in that theme (since editing core theme files directly is not advisable). Please see here for more info on child themes: http://codex.wordpre...rg/Child_Themes

#3 jsstusontradingcom

jsstusontradingcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Catrina, I'm really a newbie and after I read the article....it is way over my head. Is there a way to add code in the feature setup boxes to add the link?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

Since the icon is uploaded (and not inserted into the box using code), code can't be added to the feature box set up settings to add a link to that icon. You can remove the icon you uploaded using Feature Icon setting and insert it manually in the box using code and then link it that way if you don't mind that.

#5 jsstusontradingcom

jsstusontradingcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Thanks Catrina, but unfortunately I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to do that.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

In the Feature Box settings, there is a HTML code box where you can place HTML code and any other text to display in the box (in this case, you can add HTML that displays an image and text). Do you just want to add an image above the text description that you currently have in the box?