Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Platform Pro

Question

Posted · Report post

I am using platform pro. I want to reduce the page width to 500px. Please help.

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Please read the PlatformPro docs at http://www.pagelines.com/docs/ Site width is in PlatformPro -> Layout Editor

Posted · Report post

Dear Simple_mama I appreciate your help. But i guess i know how to change width using layout editor. But it allows me to a minimum page width of 800px. when i want it to be 500 px. I hope u now understand my difficulty. And please be assured that i tried searching various discussion and forums. And asking this was the last option.

Posted · Report post

Can we see a link to your site?

Posted · Report post

its on a local server. :(

Posted · Report post

Understanding that your goal is 500px, may I ask why you wish this? It may be possible to just make the content area 500px wide if, for example, you don't want sidebars. Generally, 800px is the minimum width set. I don't know of many sites with 500px width.

Posted · Report post

I don't want side bar either. As for "how", it is the part of the project, which is not known to me in totality. I had used the following in css but not fully satisfied still. I mean... Its not exciting. How can it be rectified? .fixed_width #page, .fixed_width #footer, .canvas #page-canvas { width: 510px; } #page-main .content { width: 502px; } #site .content, .wcontent, #primary-nav ul.main-nav.nosearch { width: 500px; } .one-sidebar-right #pagelines_content #column-main, .one-sidebar-right .wmain, .one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page #container { width: 500px; } .one-sidebar-right #pagelines_content #sidebar1, .one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page #sidebar1 { width: 200px; } .one-sidebar-right #pagelines_content #column-wrap, .one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page #container { width: 500px; } .one-sidebar-right #pagelines_content #sidebar-wrap, .one-sidebar-right #buddypress-page #sidebar-wrap { width: 200px; } .mcolumn-pad {width: 500px;}

Posted · Report post

I think i managed it. but i am still open to better methods.

Posted · Report post

It would be really helpful if there was a live link where I can see this CSS in action. Do you think you can post a screenshot of your local site?