Social Icon Bug?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 miracle959

miracle959

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

I decided to include a twitter and facebook social icon in the header (options through pagelines settings) and after adding them, all of my pages were reset to the default page template. Not sure what is happening here, but looks like a bug? I had to manually reset all of my pages to the correct templates. www.shealayne.com

#2 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

We haven't heard of this happening before. Would it be possible for you to try to reproduce it and give us the steps to reproduce so we may troubleshoot?

#3 miracle959

miracle959

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

I am about to launch the website for the business, so I can't afford for things to mess up again, sorry.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Do you plan on adding the social icons via settings again or leaving the header as is?

#5 miracle959

miracle959

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Originally I wanted to place the social icons in the footer, and was going to follow another forum post method of enabling the header social icons and then getting them to show up in the footer. I couldn't get past the first step, however, since upon activating them, all of my pages were set to different page templates and I decided to nix the idea all together. I will most likely use a plug in instead.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Okay, sounds good. I'll watch out for this problem in the future in case it happens again.