6 replies to this topic

#1 illinimatt81

illinimatt81

• Members

• 211 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Framework Version:DMS 2

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

I have spent hours reading all of the discussions here and still have been unsuccessful in finding a solution for making the feature slider fit within the main content area thus allowing the sidebar to wrap to the top of the sidebar area to the immediate right of the feature slider. Is there a solution for this?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

Are you using PageLines Framework or PlatformPro? Can you please post a link to your site?

#3 illinimatt81

illinimatt81

• Members

• 211 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

I am using PageLines Framework 2.1.1. I added a calendar widget to my sidebar so you can see what I am referring to. Right now the feature slider is taking up the entire width of the content area and sidebar. I would like to get the sidebar widgets next to the feature slider. I would be fine with reducing the width of the feature slider to accomplish this.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17618 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi, If you login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Templates Once on the templates page, select the template you wish to edit. Now if you look in "1. Select Template Area", the page template box should be highlighted blue. Now in your template make sure you have the "Content" section active. Once you have this completed, drag and drop the "Feature" section into the "Active Sections". Refresh your website and the Feature slider should be inside the content area and therefore have the sidebar aligned alongside it.

#5 illinimatt81

illinimatt81

• Members

• 211 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Success! I had the features in the "page template area" instead of the "content area" and now it works. Figured it would be something simple. I just need to resize my graphics in Photoshop and it will be all set. In the select template area what is the difference between the options on the right and the options on the left? I guess I am not clear on the purpose of the two template areas and what they control.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17618 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

The Page Template area is basically the full area of your page and the Content area is the content area. So if you for example want to have the Boxes section inside the content area and have the sidebar aligned alongside them, you simply drag and drop the Boxes section into the content area and if you want a Feature slider the full width of your page area. Add the Feature Section to the page template area. I'm happy to hear you have this resolved now!

#7 illinimatt81

illinimatt81

• Members

• 211 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Got it, somehow I missed that. Seems others have struggled a bit with this too. Glad we have a clear, short thread now for anyone else having issues.