• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 249 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

I made sure that it is activated in the sections "core" area... I can alter the default setting and I can do the page-by-page adjustments on it as well as add it to the page template as needed. But there is no "banner" section on the left hand side showing up.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Framework 2.0.1 What to do?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

By activating sections in the "core" area, do you mean that you have them activated in the Templates setting?

#3 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 249 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

Yes, I have it activated in Pagelines>Store>Sections>Core

#4 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 249 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

Figured it out... I had installed the Grid Portfolio section but it is what removes the "Banner" section from the admin panel's left side (both before and after the update to the Grid section... I just updated a few minutes ago). It doesn't mess up the banners anywhere on the site, but to add/alter banners or sets, I have do deactivate the Grid Portfolio to do so. Just a heads up in case someone else has the same problem.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Would it be possible for you to reply to this post, with all your active plug-ins please.

#6 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 249 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

Its a bit of a list, but here it is: Advanced Menu Widget All in One SEO Pack Broken Link Checker Browser Specific CSS Goo.gl (url shortener) Google XML Sitemaps for qTranslate Image Widget Jigowatt Wordpress Ajax Contact Forms KB Robots.txt Megatables Pagelines Sections Post Types Order SEO Friendly Images TinyMCE Advanced Twitter for Wordpress W3tc WP Show IDs

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

Thanks for posting the list!

#8 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 249 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

NP. I actually contacted Adam Munns (Grid Portfolio creator) and we were working through it. He stated that Wordpress has a problem with only showing a specific number of sections on the menu. Below "Pages" section on the lefthand menu it appears that it only allows for 6 additional sections. Since Pagelines has 3 core sections there already (Boxes, Features, Banners) it only allows for 3 more custom sections.

I currently have the Grid Portfolio and Readers Section that I bought from the Pagelines Store... along with Mega Menu and Gravity Forms. So with the three that are core along with Mega Menu and Gravity Forms I can only activate one on my site at a time. :( Not cool.

I would strongly suggest making all add-on Pagelines Sections dock below the "settings" area so as to avoid this problem.

Until this gets fixed I won't be able to buy any more sections from the store because they'll be useless to me, unless I deactivate one of the ones that I'm currently using. Without fixing this, you are effectively limiting the amount of sections that will probably be bought though the Pagelines Store.

I know Pagelines would like to tell me to just kill my other sections (i.e. Mega Menu and Gravity Forms) but seeing as Pagelines takes up 3 of the 6 slots by default and wants to encourage buying of sections out of the store... it seems that it is Pagelines responsibility to relocation the sections placement.

#9 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 249 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

OK, I lied... I'll probably still buy sections. But in the back of my mind I'll be grumpy =)

#10 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 249 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

Nvm, moving them won't help... it doesn't matter their placement on the menu admin panel... WP still counts it towards the 5 section limit. Any way to hack WP to increase that limit?

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

I found this but not sure if it is what you're looking for?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#12 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 249 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

I think that is what I'll need to work on. Thanks Danny! ^:)^ Now to figure it out :-B