Front Page Layout

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xperia

xperia

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hello, i'm making my first pagelines frontpage, i would like to ask several question: - Recent Post : Should we depend on 3rd party plugin to display latest/recent post on the home page ? - Is it posibile to use two boxes section in content area (on above and below)? the same question with highlight.. i put it on header and footer but i can't find how to have both highlight have unique content Thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

If your homepage is a default one and not static, it will show recent posts automatically. However, if you have a static one, you can use a plugin called Special Recent Posts which uses shortcode to place the most recent posts on any page. You can have boxes AND soapboxes, but if you use a plugin called Boxer, you can apply as many box sets as you wish to the page, each with unique content. Boxer is applied with shortcodes so you can place them whereever you like. As for the highlight, there ya got me. Unfortunately, I do not believe you can have more than one per page. However it may be that there are global settings for this in Dashboard > PageLines > Meta which allow you control the one in the header, while the option in the page should come from the PageLines Meta Settings on the page itself.

#3 xperia

xperia

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

Hello Thanks for your reply ! At the moment, i use static page for my homepage. where can i find Boxer Plugin ? i don't see the shortcodes icon in my WYSIWYG Editor

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:59 AM

The Boxer plugin is available here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The shortcodes should be provided by this plugin.