Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Navigation Hover/Current Background Color & Twitter Question

Question

Posted · Report post

I am building on MAMP so I cant give an URL. I am trying to change the background light grey color on the navigation, in this case I am using the brand nav. I have tried adding this to my child theme: #brandnav ul li a:hover { background: none; } But it does not work...I can change the color but not remove it, I have also tried transparent with no luck? Another thing is at one point in the pagelines back end I could add a twitter bar that ran across the bottom of the page, I cant seem to find it anymore!? Thanks in advance

16 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

A CSS plugin for the menu will be released to the store soon. Just waiting for it to be approved. This will easily solve your menu CSS issues. The twitter bar is there. You need to add it in the Templates settings.

Posted · Report post

I am seeing the standard twitter box, but not the bar? Strange. Any idea when this will be released, and in the meantime any easy way to fix my problem?

Posted · Report post

Can you give a screenshot of the twitter issue? The Store plugin is coming soon.. trust me, I'm as anxious as you. Let me know what exactly you need changed. BG color on normal state or hover? PS background: none isn't a color. ;) You need to use transparent instead.

Posted · Report post

BG state on both hover and current. I have tried using transparent but it did not work.

Posted · Report post

Also the twitter bar is not even showing up in my templates section.

Posted · Report post

Which templates section are you looking at?

Posted · Report post

Arg, I see its in the morefoot section! Ok now how about that menu issue?! Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Sorry to elaborate id love to remove the grey background on the current/hover status on the navigation, cant seem to get it away, I have tried transparent as I said above. Anyone? Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Try this code: [code]#brandnav ul li a:hover {background-color: transparent !important;}[/code]

Posted · Report post

Nope :(

Posted · Report post

I have figured out the CURRENT page fix: [code]#brandnav li a, #brandnav .nav-special { background-color: transparent !important; }[/code] I have yet to figure out the HOVER, if anyone could help that would be great.

Posted · Report post

Try this one: [code]#brandnav li a:hover { background-color: transparent !important;}[/code]

Posted · Report post

Sorry, no I have tried all the obvious combinations like this. I was hoping or at least imagined someone would know the answer to this fairly basic question as I hope it has been done before?!

Posted · Report post

Solved it. To remove hover bg color: [code].main-nav li:hover { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important; } [/code] To remove current item bg color: [code]#brandnav li a, #brandnav .nav-special { background-color: transparent !important; }[/code] I have put in a suggestion below to lay out the nav styling better as right now its not even even set or user friendly to edit at all. http://pagelines.com/tracking/pagelinesframework/issues/12

Posted · Report post

The navigation classes are all defined by wordpress internally all the framework does is wrap a div around it #brandnav etc. Here are some of the classes used by wordpress: [code].current_page_item{} // Class for Current Page .current-cat{} // Class for Current Category .current-menu-item{} // Class for any other current Menu Item .menu-item-type-taxonomy{} // Class for a Category .menu-item-type-post_type{} // Class for Pages .menu-item-type-custom{} // Class for any custom item that you added .menu-item-home{} // Class for the Home Link[/code]

Posted · Report post

I have been trying to do the same ALL DAY @-) , reading lots of forum posts and finally found this to work, amending the fix shown above: [code].main-nav a, li:hover { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important; }[/code] Hope this saves someone time. Shame the hover background color for the main menu comes as standard with the template. It should be something you have to add, not remove. :-/