Photo
- - - - -

PL Framework shortcode for Title AND link/offset and separate shortcode for excerpt

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kracker

kracker

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

I've got [postfeed field="post_title" offset="0"] but I actually need it to be the article link as well. This is only text of the article title. separately I also need to call the excerpt by shortcode anyone help me with these? :)

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

First, may we have a link to your site? Second, what is it you're trying to accomplish? Lastly, where did you read that there's a shortcode for the post info, including excerpts? Looking forward to your reply.

#3 kracker

kracker

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Can anyone answer my questions? =

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

I'm here to assist and if you answer my questions, I'll be happy to guide you and provide answers. Standard use of the forum is to provide a link to your site and clearly explain your goals. I'm not trying to be difficult just trying to get to the right solution for you. Please

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for additional information. Thanks.

#5 kracker

kracker

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Can anyone answer the questions I've laid out?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

Unless you provide the answers that we need to give you the guidance, it will be incredibly difficult to provide you with solutions. PageLines does not use shortcodes for the things you stated so we're trying to figure out what you mean, what you want to do and we're willing to help but without your answers, we're finding this very difficult. A link is essential for us to see code source, and to determine the right code to apply. Please cooperate with my earlier requests.

#7 kracker

kracker

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

You don't need a link to my site, nothing is broken. The code is pagelines framework. Secondarily, what I am hearing is that you do not know how to write or build on a shortcode, cool, I am hoping someone else might. I've been quite thorough (and polite) and what I need is exceedingly specific, so why not let someone else help. Everytime you respond with anything but an answer you move me down in priority. If developers do not answer help questions here, let me know and I'll go another route. all smiles here...

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

I'm not a developer and I'm unfamiliar with what you're trying to accomplish, but I can direct this topic to a developer's attention if you would like.

#9 kracker

kracker

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

I'm simply trying to build a dynamic headline teaser Catrina just below the cat nav - static boxes will not work, it has to be dynamic and automatic 'latest article'. Today's date in [categories] (big/bold) [Headline title link] excerpt by author link I have all of the foundations, and am considering building it as a hook below the nav menu. I'll need for this to have it's own styles. The functions would have worked great as they're built, they just stop short of really useful tools. I tried a few loop plugins or recent article plugins, but for some reasons the full width widget forgets the widget is populated and settings are lost. This is rocket science to create, but this framework is pretty formidable.

#10 kracker

kracker

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

*isn't rocket science

#11 kracker

kracker

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

So to settle this, I built my own functions last night. Thanks for your help.